All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
The other red meat...
      #7783 - 04/29/03 05:09 AM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

I had a hamburger last night with 2 pickels. I got up this morning and I got a minor attack with my bowels. When I drank some cold water it about killed my bowels. I quit drinking it and went to work. I am lucky I've been following Heather's recipes and I haven't had no problems at all with my bowels.

Heather--- I cannot find any soy cheese where I live. Walmart didn't have it. What type of cheese can I eat if I cannot find any soy substitutes? I want to follow your recipes as closely as possbile, but where I live I am lucky to have found soy milk.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The other red meat... new
      #7784 - 04/29/03 05:34 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Do you have any health food stores around you? Or any stores called Whole Foods or Trader Joe's? They will have soy cheese. Or try the internet; alot of places can ship quickly to prevent spoilage!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#7786 - 04/29/03 06:20 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

Speaking of ordering food off the internet, does anyone order rice online? I can't find rose rice anywhere around me, even at my organic food store.

Just wondering if people have favorite sites to order food from...

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#7788 - 04/29/03 06:25 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Try www.goldminenaturalfood.com, I have their catalog and they have TONS of different types of rices, and things that WE can eat!

Christianne

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#7845 - 04/29/03 12:43 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

You can use any short grain white rice for Rose Rice. What you want is "sushi rice" or "sticky rice". Feel free to sub any brand.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#7847 - 04/29/03 12:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Did you check your local grocery stores in the produce (not dairy) section? Ask if they have refrigerated tofu - usually the soy cheese is next to it. They hide it.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#7848 - 04/29/03 01:04 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Jennifer,
You can eat hamburgers? I would, but im too scared it will give me an attack. have you tried soy burgers? (ie Boca?)

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#7855 - 04/29/03 01:40 PM
Laurie

Loc: Houston, TX

I can the lean (97% FF) ground meat from Target, in moderation. It's so yummy too, it doesn't even need seasonings. I cook it when hubby is growing tired of chicken and fish. I have learned that if I over eat it one sitting or eat it too often that I'll have problems. I was a BIG red meat eater so I have to get a fix every now and then.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: The other red meat...-Laurie new
      #7867 - 04/29/03 05:16 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Hey Laurie,
You seem to be replying to alot of my posts/comments, and i just wanted to to thank you.Do you have Ibs-c or d? Are you on an meds? I'm Ibs-d and im on levsin and calcium. I noticed that calcium can really "plug you up" lol. I know exactly what you mean by being a big meat eater. Before I had IBS, i was a HUGE meat eater!! I would eat 2 cheese burgers and 3 tacos I havnt had meat in so long, I forgot what it tasted like! Oh well... as long as I have my chicken

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: The other red meat...-Laurie new
      #7885 - 04/29/03 06:42 PM
Laurie

Loc: Houston, TX

I have IBS-D, I've been officially diagnosed for 3 years. I think I've had it pretty much my whole life, it just never became constant until 4 years ago. Right now I am in between studies. I was in a clincial study for the new medicine Cilanstron(sp), it's like Lotronex but not as harsh. It worked pretty good, I could actually eat red meat a little more frequent and salads. I was originally on Lotronex and I loved it. I've taken Bentyl and Librax and neither did much for me. One of them made me sleepy ALL the time but I can't remember which. I miss bacon cheeseburgers, chicken fried steak, Ribeyes, and Brisket.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1249 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3614

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review