All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ginger
      #7721 - 04/28/03 04:51 PM
LilyLewis

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: D.C. area

Yippeee! Altoids is now making GINGER flavor... and boy, are they curiously strong!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

This is great! -nt- new
      #7726 - 04/28/03 05:10 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Ginger new
      #7757 - 04/28/03 07:11 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I have heard this vicious rumor and have been trying to find them EVERYWHERE. I even went on their website to see if it was true that they had a ginger flavor, and couldn't find them there either. Where did you end up finding them?

#7895 - 04/29/03 07:58 PM
LilyLewis

Golly gee... where was I? Possibly Target. Maybe at the airport at a gift shop. I am blank as to where I found them and horribly embarrassed. I have been kinda all over the place this last two months and can't remember! {senior moment!} will look now for them and as soon as I find a source for them, I'll post back.

They are in a golded brownish tin. And currently sitting at my desk at work.

#7909 - 04/30/03 03:48 AM
*Melissa*

Thanks for the reply. That's okay you don't remember. If you don't mind though, please be on the lookout. So far, I've tried Walmart, Target, CVS, Acme, Staples...and that's all I can think of right now. I've had a coworker look at a few places (one was Trader Joe's, but I can't remember the other place(s) he told me he checked) and I have a friend that's out-and-about a lot on the lookout for me.

Can you tell I like ginger! LOL Poor Kimbo can hardly find the basic ingredients over in Japan, and here I am crying about ginger altoids! I can't help it though....I gotta have 'em!

Thanks for your help!

Fellow GingerAholic new
      #7923 - 04/30/03 06:58 AM
LilyLewis

Ginger has been one of my savings! Peppermint seems to give me heart burn. I tend to munch on crystalized ginger. A friend is suppose to be ordering me some from Penzey's spices catalog. I can't wait.

I will continue the hunt for the altoids!

#7984 - 04/30/03 04:13 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

My mom takes the Ginger capsules and she gets hers at GNC or http://www.vitaminshoppe.com I just ordered some Aloe Vera capsules from the vitamin shoppe on Saturday and they came today.

Re: Fellow GingerAholic new
      #7985 - 04/30/03 04:18 PM
*Melissa*

That's so funny! I used to "sneak" crystallized ginger from the jar all the time. Well, I considered it sneaking because it was so expensive and it made me feel guilty for "just snacking on it" rather than baking or something more useful with it. But then, I found it at this local discount produce store (actually at 2 different ones) and it's only like $3/lb, so now I can snack guilt-free! LOL

#8112 - 05/01/03 07:04 PM
BarbBT

Reged: 04/05/03
Loc: Chicago suburb, IL

I wrote a question on the Altoids site asking where ginger Altoids are being sold, and here's the reply I received, "Currently, Ginger ALTOIDS are distributed in stores around the U.S., but because of the limited number of units we produced it may be hard to find. However, if you're having a difficult time finding it in stores, the product has become a popular item for purchase on e-Bay, the online action site.

We recommend you visit www.ebay.com and search for "Ginger Altoids." Although we can't guarantee that there will be some for purchase, you may likely see some available--good luck!"

Thought you'd like to know...
Barbara

#8124 - 05/02/03 03:54 AM
*Melissa*

Hey Barbara - thanks for the info. I can't believe they actually said to check out e-Bay! How ridiculous is that! If their product is in such demand that it's being auctioned, don't you think they'd make more?

Oh well...
Mags aka Gingerless in Jersey

Japan! new
      #8128 - 05/02/03 05:17 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

I was shopping in a neighboring town...

When I read the description of the container on the website - I realized that I may have seen a BIG display of them here!!!

I can take another look if anyone is interested?

Re: Japan! new
      #8131 - 05/02/03 06:57 AM
LilyLewis

OOoo see if you do find them and try them if you can. Got a digital camera? That might be a fun display to see!

And, Yes, they are curiously strong! whew. I am trying to ration them now that I know they are soooo rare!

#8138 - 05/02/03 09:33 AM
karla

Reged: 02/03/03

I found mine in the Eckerd's in Brooklawn NJ

Hope this helps

Karla

#8142 - 05/02/03 09:58 AM
*Melissa*

I don't know where Brooklawn is so that probably means too far to drive for altoids, but I do have an eckerd nearby I can check. As a matter of fact, it's not far from my work, so I will check on my way back from lunch.

Thanks for the tip!

#8735 - 05/09/03 03:25 PM
*Melissa*

OK - I broke down and got some from ebay! I just got them today, and they are awesome! Gotta love that burn!

A friend and I went for an altoid hunt last week around here and couldn't find anything. At least we had a good time cruising around & listening to music! LOL I did find sweetarts in a tin though, so my trip wasn't totally fruitless!

At least now I can take the ginger altoid tin into the store, and say "Do you have these?" so they don't look at me like I'm a total nutcase! LOL

#8950 - 05/13/03 10:59 AM
Wolfie

Reged: 05/06/03

Traditional Medicinals makes a couple of great ginger teas. They are readily available at most health food stores, and at Kroger markets that have a natural foods section. I believe they even make one that's called Gingermint, that is a mixture of peppermint and ginger. Wish I could find those Altoids!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7739 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2768

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review