All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Chicken Pot Pie Excellent
      #7473 - 04/26/03 04:45 PM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

Heather-- I wanted to tell you how pleased I was with the Chicken Pot Pie recipe you put in the IBS Newsletter. I went to the store and found soy milk to my surprise and when I got home my mother and I made the dinner-- she was a bit miffed cause it excluded dairy products-- I told her that she had the same condition I did and it would do her good to be free of dairy products for one sitting.

My father absolutely loved it, he ate about three helpings and that is something for him. He was surprised when there were no dairy products either.

You are genius with that recipe. Only bad thing about it all was we had to put in chicken broth instead of the powdered stuff cause I went to the small GNC in our super walmart store and they didn't have it.

I looked all over the herbs area and couldn't find it. Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I've been following your cookbook and tips on how to eat and I've not had no diarreah at all!

God has given you knowledge and blessed you with a warm heart. You are making a difference for certain

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chicken Pot Pie Excellent new
      #7475 - 04/26/03 04:52 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

KyAngel - I have been having the same problem with the powdered broth. I can't find it anywhere! I thought about using the bouillon granules, but I didn't know if that was the same thing. How much liquid did you sub for the powder?

Thanks!

#7484 - 04/26/03 06:17 PM
KyAngel

We used the same amount the recipe called for. I know it may have hurt the entire idea of actually having a "high carb, low fat" dinner, but it was just the broth we substituted.

Heather, do you know of a safer thing to substitute the powder with if we can't find any in our stores?

#7493 - 04/26/03 07:19 PM
*Melissa*

I didn't think it would effect the fat content, unless you didn't use lowfat or fat free broth. I was thinking more of the consistency (watery or something).

Hopefully Heather will have a good sub. Thanks for the info!

#7499 - 04/26/03 07:32 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

AMEN TO THAT! nt

#7565 - 04/27/03 08:30 AM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I second that. I've made the recipe twice already and I'm making it again today. The second time I made it, I used leftover turkey from Easter dinner. Turned out just as good!!! This is now one of my favorite recipes!

Thanks Heather!!

--------------------
Lorna

#7566 - 04/27/03 08:39 AM
KyAngel

I got a little gas from it but I know that is due to the chicken broth I used. At least it didn't give me diarreah, I am praising God for finding this site and that recipe, we had some left over and we plan to eat it for dinner tonight! I just will not have as big of a helping as I did.

#7579 - 04/27/03 12:48 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hey, I'm so glad you liked it! If you can't find the powdered broth (I've only seen it in bulk at health food stores) you could replace some (maybe 1-2 cups) of the soy milk with packaged (or homemade) fat free chicken broth. I wouldn't use the bouillion cubes because they tend to be nothing but chicken fat, salt, and MSG.

This should work just fine - it's a pretty flexible recipe.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#7657 - 04/28/03 08:23 AM
annmarie

Reged: 03/31/03

Would someone mind posting the recipe for me? My email has been a bit mixed up lately, and I can't get to it. I remember seeing it and wanting to make it. Thanks

Re: Chicken Pot Pie Recipe new
      #7668 - 04/28/03 09:45 AM
*Melissa*

Here's the recipe: Chicken Pot Pie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 480 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1679

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review