All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I am new new
      #7371 - 04/25/03 06:14 PM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

I usually cook the beans myself. If my hubby cooks them they'll kill me. I can't eat just anyone's beans. If I eat them during a period where I'm having a flare up, it's a hit and a miss on if they'll kill me. I have found that a few no no foods are ok for me to eat as long as I cook them. I just don't eat the no no food to closely together. While I was on my clinical trial medication I could eat salad again and popcorn, but I had to eat them a few days apart.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#7502 - 04/26/03 07:39 PM
michee333

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: Atlanta, Ga

Thank you so much for responding, I stayed online yesterday, but hadn't figured out how to interact yet...
Well, I am dropping the string beans for now. I thought it was safe but I am still in the middle of my "episode"

I have been reading all emails, and everyone is so sweet, I want to cry for everyone just knowing and being there. Thanks for welcoming me, I can't help yet, but I will try.
This is my second UC episode. They thought it was IBS at first until they did all the tests...
I ordered Heather's book, so I look forward to eating better and with more variety.

Thanks so much......

#7505 - 04/26/03 07:44 PM
michee333

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: Atlanta, Ga

Thank u, please ask your mom. How often does it occur? I couldn't find a "support group for UC," so I posted with you "guys". The symptoms are very similar. I may have to change gastro doctors, because mine tells me anything, and I know too much to know he is wrong.
You take care too...maybe I will only eat potatoes, maybe that will help me too....

String beans, green beans, etc. new
      #7706 - 04/28/03 03:45 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Like most veggies, string beans have a lot of insoluble fiber, so you have to eat them carefully. They are tolerable for most folks if they're cooked till very tender, and eaten in fairly small quantities with a soluble fiber food. Same thing for peas and other green veggies. You might well find that you have an individual tolerance for one green veggie more than another - or that it matters more how well they're cooked, how much you eat, etc. Whatever green veggies work best for you is what counts!

Angela - I'm with you about lettuce. It's one of the very hardest things for me. But - raw cabbage, as long as it's finely shredded and I have it with soluble fiber, is just fine. Weird, huh?

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: String beans, green beans, etc. new
      #7708 - 04/28/03 03:53 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Hey Heather, yes that is really weird. For some reason, I can tolerate peas, string beans and corn, but i cant tolerate lettuce, celery or carrots(well, for the carrots, just in large amounts) Very strange, but im so happy that i can still have peas because peas are my favorite veggie. (potatoes being my second) I'm in love Peas!!!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2524 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2777

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review