All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colonics
      #70808 - 05/16/04 07:51 AM
starimpaler

Reged: 05/11/04

I just want to thank God that I found all of you people here. I seriously thought I was the ONLY one in the world with this disorder. My family always made fun of me for passing gas and needing fiber supplements to function properly.

Anyway, family is family, but my question lies in colonics. Has anyone tried it? I'm thinking about going to a couple of sessions because I am getting really into alternative therapy, but I am not sure if there are any side effects or other drawbacks. Thank you again for helping me out with all of these questions.

God bless y'all!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

NO!! new
      #70904 - 05/16/04 02:41 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

No, star, we really don't recommend colonics. Too harsh for our poor sick tummies. Massage though has been proven in studies to calm the part of the nervous system that triggers IBS. But the absolute BEST alternative therapy is the hypnotherapy meditation tapes. Click on the link about and read what people say -- they're fabulous.

Oh, and I'm SO GLAD you found this board too!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Ditto on the No! new
      #70990 - 05/16/04 07:22 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Colonics are much more likely to hurt, not help. They'll just completely interefere with the normal function of the gut, which is what you're trying to stabilize and keep stable.

And welcome to the boards!!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 477

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review