All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
? for Heather - Peppermint Caps
      #68735 - 05/08/04 01:42 PM
Denise

Reged: 07/02/03
Loc: Utah

Hi Heather - I recently ordered your peppermint caps and so far they really seem to be lessening my bloating and gas. Thank you. I love them. On the bottle it says that you should take one capsule one to three times a day. To this point, I haven't had any problems with the caps causing me heartburn. Can I take more than three caps in one day? Can I take more than one cap at a time? Please let me know your recommendaton.

Thanks so much,
Denise

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ? for Heather - Peppermint Caps new
      #68756 - 05/08/04 05:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I don't know the answer, but i'd be interested in knowing what the reccomended dosing is. I have ordered them and am awaiting their arrival.. how many caps should I start out with?

--------------------

#68886 - 05/09/04 05:27 PM
saraee

Reged: 04/30/04
Loc: New York City

Denise-
You said that the peppermint pills don't give you heartburn, do you get heartburn a lot? I was thinking about getting peppermint pills but I was afraid that they'd induce heartburn. What do you think...

#68898 - 05/09/04 07:21 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - if you're tolerating them just fine one at a time then you could try two at a time. I don't think I'd take more than two pills, three times a day (and I doubt you'd need more than that because they are strong). The most I've ever taken was six in one day. Normally I take between 1 and 3 a day.

I'd increase by one cap at a time each day, and see what number works best for you. You can also certainly go up or down depending on how you're doing, if you're under more stress, eating out, etc. They work as needed so if you need more one day than the next, that's no problem.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#68974 - 05/10/04 08:02 AM
Denise

I've never really had a problem with heartburn. It took me a little while to finally order the peppermint caps. I was hesitant about them too, but I'm very glad that I finally did. I also order the acacia and bought some equalactin. I'm still trying to figure out how to make them all work for me, but so far the peppermint caps are my favorite. Good luck!!

#68975 - 05/10/04 08:04 AM
Denise

Thanks so much, Heather!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1030 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 837

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review