All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Left Side Pain
      #6813 - 04/22/03 05:37 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Lately, I've been getting really bad crampy like pain on my left side, does anybody else get this, or know where its coming from? I have heard that right sided pain can be caused by appendicitis (sp?) gallbladder and other things, but what about the left side? Whats over there anyway?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Left Side Pain new
      #6816 - 04/22/03 05:41 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Angel,
Could it be ovulation pain? I used to get that (when I used to ovulate regularly that is !) and it was kind of crampy.

Also, I don't know how you went with your PCOS testing and that but I have PCOS and it can make that pain worse - just a thought.

If it continues I'd maybe have it checked, ovarian cysts are part of PCOS. I've had a really big one before and it caused a lot of pain.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#6818 - 04/22/03 05:46 PM
ConcreteAngel

Loc: New Jersey,USA

Kerrie,
Im going for an ultrasound tomorrow and getting lots of more blood tests. My gyno said that if they found a cyst on me she would not be surprised at all. Maybe that is it. I havnt "ovulated" for a year now, and i think my body may be trying and is bringing lots of pain to me. I have been getting bad attacks too, which could explain that my body is trying to ovulate.
thanks

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#6825 - 04/22/03 06:15 PM
BarbaraS

Loc: Wisconsin

Angela,
How come you haven't ovluated for a year?
Kerrie can be right about ovluation pain. I only experience pain on my left durning ovluation, but it's caused by cysts. My cysts are WNL.

#6836 - 04/22/03 06:41 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Lower left-sided crampy pain is actually very typical for IBS. It's where the lower part of your colon is. Most IBS folks actually say the pain is left-side predominant. Other people feel it all across the abdomen, and a minority of people feel it on the right side.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#6855 - 04/22/03 08:35 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

i get pain on my left side a lot, too. i get it all over, of course, too. but usually if ONE spot hurts, it's on my left side. i'm pretty sure it's my intestines, though, and not any "girl stuff" hope you find out what's going on...

beth

#6866 - 04/23/03 05:05 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

Wow! Good luck with the ultrasound! I had an ovarian cyst on the right side, but it can be painful. Hopefully you are ok! I have many "girl" problems too, like missed cycles for months, etc. I know that IBS can be aggravated by these types of problems, so hopefully you can get it worked out> I am sorry that I don't have any advice; just a word of encouragement!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#6868 - 04/23/03 07:04 AM
Lea

Reged: 04/22/03
Loc: Edinburgh,Scotland

Have just been reading your email, i to suffer a sore left side which is constant, some days i cant even touch it, but its wierd you mentioning, time of the month, as i have not had a decent period for years, but i have had a scan which rulled out anything, so i must live with it!
Hope you find out whats going on. lea(new member)

#6870 - 04/23/03 07:23 AM
tnchawk

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: New Ken, PA

I am concerned that the left side pain is Diverticulosis (sp?) They say that it can mimic IBS...but I am not sure! You may want to get checked for that! Good luck and feel better!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

Re: Left Side Pain- Lea new
      #6872 - 04/23/03 07:39 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Hi Lea and welcome to the boards! Our resident welcoming committee (Sharon -hey!) obviously hasn't yet logged on today so I'll do it for her!! I hope you find us a friendly lot, post any ideas/queries you have.

Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1351 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4414

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review