All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
another acacia question
      #66599 - 05/01/04 11:39 AM
Moon

Reged: 02/02/03

I have just heard about this product. How long has it been on the market and the testing involved to get it on the market? What are the side effects for long term use? If any?

Please enlighten me. I need help in deciding which fiber to start. It does sound good though...no choking risk, no taste, etc.

Thanks a bunch

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: another acacia question new
      #66616 - 05/01/04 02:31 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Acacia has been used for centuries, and it's long been recognized by the FDA as a safe ingredient for foods and beverages. If you check the ingredients of a lot of foods and such you're already eating, it's in there (Altoids, for example). It's also called gum arabic. Like all soluble fibers, there are only health benefits to its use, and no risks, so you can safely take it every day forever, just as you could safely eat rice every day forever.

There's detailed info about Acacia here Acacia

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: another acacia question new
      #66625 - 05/01/04 03:29 PM
Moon

Reged: 02/02/03

Thanks Heather that is exactly what I was looking for. Is it available in Canada or can I just order it from you?

Not in Canada... new
      #66627 - 05/01/04 04:06 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

so you'd have to order from me. We're working on getting it into stores right now, but I don't have a timeline for that yet. Hopefully soon!

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 698

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review