Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Queston about Amazake drinks
      #61551 - 04/15/04 02:03 PM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not I can drink the Amazake drinks when I am "breaking the cycle." The only two flavors I have now are hazelnut and almond and I'm kind of concerned b/c they must contain nuts and I have always gotten attacks from peanut butter. This is probably a random question but I was just wondering b/c I have two Amazake drinks sitting in the fridge...and yeah Thanks for your help!
P.S. I am IBS-A (usually IBS-C but today, D and have taken Immodium for it today..and that's why I'm back on "breaking the cycle" b/c yeah..painful)

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Should be just fine... new
      #61574 - 04/15/04 02:37 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

even the nut flavors are low fat and very high soluble fiber.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Thanks so much, Heather! -nt- new
      #61586 - 04/15/04 02:57 PM
tarabara04

--------------------

Re: Queston about Amazake drinks new
      #61601 - 04/15/04 03:13 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Hey! Ive been wondering the same thing! I have 2 in my fridge right now too (Hazlenut and Vanilla) and have been kinda scared to drink them! I made one in the blender with a lot of ice and a banana and it was pretty good. I also ordered the banana flavored ones and the almond from my health food store so Im waiting to try those! Let me know how they make ya feel...Are you going to drink them plain or blended with something?

#61615 - 04/15/04 03:33 PM
tarabara04

Hey Abby,
I'm not gonna blend them with ice b/c cold stuff kills my tummy Urrg..which is rough b/c lots of things taste better when they're cold..lol. I like to blend things w/banana...maybe i'll try that. I'm still kinda nervous to try tho..lol..maybe I"ll wait 'till tomorrow..or..maybe i'll have some crackers first? I'm being too paranoid Oh well..tell me how the vanilla tastes, ok? They didn't have that flavor at the health food store near me I like simple flavors. The almond I tried yesterday kinda tasted almost like chocolate...(which made me nervous b/c I link chocolate to bad memories....migraines, etc). Oh well..I''m being WAY neurotic. Let me know how it goes for you!!!!!!!! Good luck..and tell me how the banana one tastes when you get it in!!! Thanks...stay well!

--------------------

#61675 - 04/15/04 07:36 PM
pearlmaj

Reged: 03/31/04

I bought those too -- you guys like them?? I really didn't like them at all. And I bought maybe 4 of them (to try diff. flavors) so what a waste!

#61681 - 04/15/04 07:56 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I didnt really like them at all but Im still going to drink them.....I'll do anything to gain some weight right now! I ordered the banana one and I think that one would be good blended with soy milk or something - Im just gonna try a bunch of different mixes until I like one!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 983

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review