All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Very curious-Could it be daily patterns? rather than what you eat? new
      #61062 - 04/14/04 10:46 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I believe my IBS is more stress related than food related! I follow Heathers diet and it is helpful but for me there is more to it than that!

As for the hypno tapes, I just received mine 2 days ago and they are very relaxing. I am also trying to get pregnant! I was told by my therapist it was totally safe!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#61066 - 04/14/04 11:05 AM
quietwalker

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: West Texas

I always wonder why morning are my worst times? I know Stress is my #1 problem. But morning's is the worst.So I eat nothing til after 10:00 a.m.

Re: I know stress is a big part of it. new
      #61070 - 04/14/04 11:17 AM
bchaugen4

Reged: 04/13/04

Stress sucks! I don't have a stressful job and I really don't have any reason to be stressed about life, but I am it's like I create reasons. My body is so tense all the time it's ridiculous. I can't believe what stess can physically do to one's body! And even when you know you shouldn't be stressed, you can't help it..it's like an living, breathing entity that possesses you! I would hope the CDs would help me in that area.I hope that the diet will help ease some of the physical symptoms for me too.

Best of luck to you with getting pregnant! That is very exciting. This is our first, and other than the physical issues (i.e. IBS) and mental stress I put on myself (mostly money)....it's been wonderful! Keep us posted on how it's going!

Re: Hypno-pregnancy posts? new
      #61088 - 04/14/04 11:46 AM
bchaugen4

Reged: 04/13/04

I thought they would be...but I'm just being so cautious..I looked around on the hypno boards....I couldn't spot them..do you know who started the thread?

I thought Michele had been talking about this. -nt- new
      #61094 - 04/14/04 11:51 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#61144 - 04/14/04 01:21 PM
pearlmaj

Reged: 03/31/04

Wow, Belinda, what a great post -- and really helps me with a question I asked in another thread here on the boards about what it takes for people to consider a food to be "safe." My underlying struggle is that on my worst days I am not nearly as bad as some of the folks whose stories I have read here, so it is tempting to quit and eat what I like to eat; however, this sums up in a nutshell why I am not going to quit now when I am closer than I have ever been to understanding my personal triggers:

Quote:

However, the difference now is I don't unknowingly provoke an attack by eating something that will bother me.

The problem is how frustrating the process is -- yes, I am closer than I have ever been to ID'ing my triggers, but I am still so far from that goal!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 409 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2386

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review