Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Article on the problems with Soy
      #57526 - 04/03/04 11:31 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,
Someone I know just emailed this to me and wanted me to check it out, it's an article on the detriments of eating Soy products. I don't really know what to think about it, obviously you certainly can't believe everything you read, just thought I'd share it with you guys and see what you think. This article actually suggets that soy can cause/aggravate IBS. Anyways, it's kinda long, the main page is regarding legal action but near the bottom there's links to a few different articles...just looking for people's opinions on this: http://www.mercola.com/2004/apr/3/soy_legal_action.htm
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Article on the problems with Soy new
      #57543 - 04/03/04 12:37 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

sounds like a crackpot to me

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Do a board search... new
      #57547 - 04/03/04 12:44 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

this topic has come up before, and there are some links in past posts to reputable articles. Look for posts by me and by Kandee, who has posted legitimate info about thyroid problems some people have with soy. The posts by me will have links to articles on the proven health benefits of soy. So you'll get a fair look at pros and cons to consider.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#57549 - 04/03/04 12:45 PM
Dalia

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: London / Tel Aviv / New York

to be honest, I think it is bad to eat too much of anything. so if there is someone who drinks gallons of soy milk, has soy burgers etc everyday, every meal, eats soy cheese for snacks etc...it might be to their detriment. but as far as I am concerned, the soy milk on my cereal every few days, tofu a few times a week are GOOD for me. people in asia have been eating tofu forever, and you know what, when I was there I was astounded at how beautiful these people are. they are so slim. their body's are beautiful. their skin is stunning. and they have no wheat or dairy. so how about this doctor investigates the quality of dairy products these days?
I wouldn't give soy milk to my babies, because I am worried about the hormonal effect...but as far as effects on me. I am not worried.

--------------------
Feel the fear, and do it anyway

#57559 - 04/03/04 02:23 PM
Laura Roper

Reged: 04/02/04

Kelly, I've been drinking soy products for 4 1/2 years and have had great results. I have had IBS for 18 years and it's definitely under control due to the soy products.
Laura
lajreliv@rcn.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1368 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 891

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review