All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Starting Over..can you help me?
      #5318 - 04/07/03 12:48 PM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

I think I need to start over with this IBS diet. I've been feeling horrible the past few days (since Saturday). I had the worst IBS attack on Saturday night, the worst that I've had in a long time!! I could barely walk--I almost passed out. Yesterday, I ate rice and Corn Pops (dry in a small cup). Today, so far, I've had a few oatmeal cookies and some plain pita chips. How do I start over? What should I be eating to get out of this funk that I'm in??? I missed work today b/c my tummy hurt, and I had a really bad headache.

Also, I have been really stressed lately, b/c I'm in recovery and I have my first sponsee and she is driving me crazy!!! She has sooo many problems, and I'm only here to guide her thru the 12-steps, and help her stay clean, I'm not a psychiatrist. If I give her a suggestion, she doesn't do it, so it's like, a real pain in the ass lately. Every time I talk to her, or even think about her, I get a massive headache. Saturday night, I was beyond stressed and I even missed a meeting b/c I didn't wanna see her!!!! How bad is that??? LOL I was on overload Sat. night, even my boyfriend could see how stressed I was. And then I couldn't stop going to the bathroom!!! And I was in sooo much pain!!! My IBS hasn't been THAT bad in months!!!! I had to crawl on the floor back to my room. Yesterday, I was better, but I had a lot of gas, and towards the end of the night, my tummy was really sore.

Today, I have gas and pain. Maybe it's b/c I'm getting my period in 2 days? I usually get bad IBS when it's that time, but not usually on Saturdays already. I'm on birth control, so I get my period at the same time every month.

Oh yea, and I'm looking into meditation and yoga to relieve some of this stress.

So what should I be eating before I get my period and during it? Also, what should I be eating to kinda start over--fresh--clean slate with food? I've had a bad couple of days, and really need to get back on track. Can anyone help me??? I know I'm gonna have my good days and my bad days, but this is getting to be too much!!! It's out of control!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I remember what happened to trigger Saturday night!!! new
      #5320 - 04/07/03 12:54 PM
Sweetwater

Okay, I remember what I did wrong on Saturday night! I OVER ATE!!!! My mom made me english muffin pizza things. We put a light red sauce on it, with soy mozzerella cheese on top and we melted it in the oven. It was pretty good!!! I had 2 of those (2 english muffins). Then, since I was feeling good and hungry, I heated up 2 hot pretzels. Then I had 4 or 5 Tofutti Cutie ice cream sandwiches!!! Yikes!!! I totally overate!!!!!! I'm very naughty when it comes to controlling my portions. Can anyone help me get out of this situation???

But I also need help with the stuff I wrote in the first post as well. Okay, I messed up, I overate! Now I'm paying the price! Now what??? How do I get myself stable again?

Re: Starting Over..can you help me? new
      #5334 - 04/07/03 02:53 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi- Go to the breaking the cycle info - web page

This will get you back on track. Don't worry - it happens to all of us. Just take a deep breath, dust yourself off, and remember that you stabilized before and were doing well - you can do it again.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I remember what happened to trigger Saturday night!!! new
      #5339 - 04/07/03 03:35 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

My dear,dear friend,
Man, I can definitly relate! I definitly have a problem with eating to much at one sitting. Especially with rice and speghetti. In fact, I just over ate about 10 mins ago. I ate a HUGE bowl of speghetti and three pieces of french bread. So yeah..... i feel like im about to blowup. .... lol.

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#5388 - 04/07/03 08:15 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Rice, Roasted Chicken breast and applesauce are my jump to foods when I've been bad and get sick. Always works for me.
My husband always knows when I've had a bad day when we have roasted chicken!

#5389 - 04/07/03 08:18 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

My problem was over eating too, but I have made myself eat off a smaller plate or a soup bowl or something.
Heap it high if you want, you will feel naughty for eating "so much". After that serving try a suck candy
(someone suggested that on here - sorry I can't remember who) and it works. Once you are done that
candy, you are more full and can make a better decision on if you really want that second helping.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#5576 - 04/09/03 04:39 PM
Sweetwater

Thank you all sooo much for replying!!! For dinner tonight, I had a Lean Cuisine meal and it was sooo yummy! I love those things. It was terakayi (however u spell it), with sweet n sour sauce, and white rice. It was really good! Then, for a drink, I made hot peppermint tea! And I'm still drinking it now! Oh yeah, I also had 1 slice of pumpernickel bread---is that IBS safe????

I missed work 3 days now. My tummy hurts a lot!!! I used a heating pad yesterday and it helped relax me, so that I could sleep. I've been going to bed real late as well, so I don't think thats helping my tummy either. Ooops. I've been taking Lomotil when I can't take it anymore, but I still feel like i have to go to the bathroom. I haven't even gotten my period yet, it should come tonight some time, or some time tomorrow. I'm less stressed too, which is a plus. I'm gonna go check out that "breaking the cycle" thing that Heather posted! Thanks so much!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6033 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1135

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review