All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Papaya
      #5252 - 04/06/03 05:26 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

In The First Year, papayas are listed as soluble fiber & "also digestive aids that relieve gas and indigestion". Does anyone know if dried papayas work the same way? Are dried store bought papayas ok to eat? I know the store bought dried bananas aren't.

Thanks,
Mags

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Papaya new
      #5262 - 04/06/03 08:31 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hmmm....I don't know if dried papayas are as helpful for digestion. I'm not sure if they still have the live enzymes that fresh papayas does. The dried ones should be safe for IBS though - they're not fried like bananas. And they're pretty tasty.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Papaya new
      #11929 - 06/18/03 09:18 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm new to this board, and I'm going through past posts, so forgive me for responding to old, old posts. (This one was on page 69!)

Anyway, GNC has a great chewable Papaya Enzyme, which I believe helps aid in the digestion of proteins. I pop at least 10 of those tasty little buggers throughout the day.

--------------------
~jules

question for jules new
      #11983 - 06/18/03 11:10 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

jules do you take these pills with every meal? also are you takeing any perscritpion with these pills?

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Question for Jules new
      #79064 - 06/14/04 05:15 PM
Bunkee

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Aiken, SC

I was browsing old posts looking for information on papaya enzymes and I came across this post from jasperlovel asking whether you (Jules) take them with every meal and what if any, prescription meds are you on. I just bought some enzymes today and was wondering about how much to take. The bottle just says serving size 1 tablet. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 880

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review