Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Metamucil question for Heather
      #49898 - 03/12/04 06:39 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

Heather,
I was put on metamucil a few months ago and take it "religously" at night. I was told NEVER to stop taking this. The reason being is 3 times I was admitted to the hospital for the worse case of chronic constipation in the history of anyone's knowledge (make sense) I was so "full" when they took xrays it was unbelievable. Painful VERY, and then I had to drink "battery acid" I call it to get cleaned out. Being as this has happened 3 times I am scarred to death of getting like that again. so I remain on metamucil, however, I do suffer gas and bloating so I am at a crossroads what to do. I do not ever want this to happen again.It is very important that I am remain "regular" and go to the bathroom in the morning. Can you help me at all?

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Metamucil question for Heather new
      #50072 - 03/12/04 01:06 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Until Heather responds, I might suggest Phazyme for gas if you're not already taking it. Or a prescription drug like Bentyl maybe?

And Heather will recommend gradually replacing the Metamucil with a different fiber supplement that causes less gas and bloating. There's a lot of different ones like Acacia and Citrucel and Benefiber. Do a search on the boards.

Too bad about the Metamucil, I take it with no problem, although I do take Phazyme and Bentyl every day too.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#50076 - 03/12/04 01:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'd check with your doc if you can gradually replace the psyllium with another soluble fiber supplement that is less likely to cause gas and bloating. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to do this....

I'd try fennel tea for bloating and gas as well. It can work wonders. There's info on fennel here Fennel

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#50084 - 03/12/04 01:26 PM
sss

Reged: 03/11/04

I went to the General Nutrition Store and bought Fennel Seed, only it came in capsules, did I get the right thing?

Sherry, you only need to post a question once... new
      #50107 - 03/12/04 02:52 PM
HeatherAdministrator

people will see it, including me, and answer you.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Sherry, you only need to post a question once... new
      #50131 - 03/12/04 04:26 PM
sss

Heather, Thank you for your reply, but don't worry , I won't ask you anything else. I didn't mean to bother you by posting my question more than once. Have a good day! P.S. your website will not be recommended by me to anyone else. I'm sorry that you felt you had to be so ugly!

To Sherry new
      #50133 - 03/12/04 04:40 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Please don't jump the gun...I'm sure that Heather didn't mean to hurt your feelings...she's just trying to avoid everyone posting the same question over and over again because it crowds up the boards.
Please try not to let a misunderstanding prevent you from accessing the immense amount of help and the benefit that Heather's advice as well as everyone elses advice will have for your IBS.

Re: To Sherry new
      #50144 - 03/12/04 05:14 PM
sss

Thank you for your reply, however, I did take it offensively... and I don't have to! Good luck to you and everyone else with IBS, but I'm sure another website is just as helpful!

Re: To Sherry new
      #50146 - 03/12/04 05:15 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm sorry you feel that way. Best of luck to you!!

Re: Sherry, you only need to post a question once... new
      #50150 - 03/12/04 05:52 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Hi Sherry - Please don't take offense, I didn't mean to be rude. I'm simply trying to keep the boards uncluttered. I noticed that you has posted the exact same post about fennel in at least 5 different places, and emailed me the same question as well. The boards are so big and move so fast that it's helpful to try and keep them as un-repetitive as possible.

You're welcome to stay, and I hope you will.

- Heather

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 815 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2502

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review