All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Rash
      #4982 - 04/03/03 07:35 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

Just a little curious, does anyone ever get a rash on the their upper chest when a severe attack hit? Or a rash anywhere for that much? I get what looks like a mild case of hives when I have a severe (and sometimes not so severe attach) on my chest. It goes away about 10-15 minutes after the attack, but just wondering if it was just my crazy body!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rash new
      #4999 - 04/03/03 10:48 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I always break out in a rash before an attack, especially if I have eaten something that I shouldn't. If I am out to eat with friends, they normally notice me breaking out before I do. When they point it out I brace myself for what is to come. I have never talked to anyone who has that same problem

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#5036 - 04/03/03 04:43 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

wow, i wonder if that's why i get rashes sometimes for no apparent reason. i haven't noticed a direct correlation between my IBS and rashes, but i'll have to think about that next time i get one. sometimes i get them and have no idea where they came from... hmmm

thanks

beth

#5037 - 04/03/03 04:44 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

ya know its the weirdest thing cause I get one on my upper abdomen sometimes (and here i thought i was the only one) It got really bad during the summer, but has gone away now. I hated it when i had it though, i hate it Itching!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#5044 - 04/03/03 05:39 PM
SallyC

Loc: New Jersey

As I constantly battle multiple chemical sensitivities as well as IBS, in my case the rashes (hives, hyper active airways, brain fog, dizziness) are from exposures to the chemicals that 'bite' me which can come from food, fragrances, the environment, etc. Avoidance of the triggers is the best way to deal with these reactions. Dye-free Benedryl does help somewhat, though I don't like the side effects.

They re-roofed the building where I work last week and I've had to work at home most of the time last week and this week due to the toxicity of the petroleum odors from the tar.

Eating food that I haven't prepared and know what has gone into the ingredients is a potential time bomb for me. Traveling & eating out is particularly frustrating. The sensitivities to food continue to change. What I could eat last week could make me sick this week...both for IBS & the chemical sensitivities.

You have my sympathies with the rashes. In the MCS world (multiple chemical sensitivity), we are known as canaries (like they used to use in the old mining days). Instead of being yellow canaries, we get to be rashie, hivey, splotchy red canaries.

As I've learned and am learning to cope with this stuff, I try to focus on the positive and change what I can change and deal with what I can't. At this point, I'm thankful that I can still work and that my employers do allow me to work from home when I need to. Some days are better than others. There's always hope for tomorrow.

Sally

#5101 - 04/04/03 06:04 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

I am glad to know that I am not the only one. It is soo wierd how IBS affects your whole body, in ways you never thought it would. Thanks for your responses.

#5150 - 04/04/03 04:37 PM
emmab

Reged: 01/25/03

Hey there,

that's too weird...I get one onmy face, itchy with small red spots (not too noticable fortunately) and recently I've noticed if I try and sneak in some dairy (well chocolate really) I can feel fluid building up in my face and neck. I've never seen a direct correlation with the rash though, I should start taking more notice.
I just thought it was part of the seemingly ever increasing strange things about my body.

Great to know I'm not alone...I've said it before, but I really love this board.

Emma

#5167 - 04/04/03 10:26 PM
carmen

Reged: 03/19/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

I also get rashes on my chest, stomach and back. My doctor has always put them down to a viral infection, but I wonder if theyre ibs related!!!

Re: Rash:Can be a Symptom of IBD new
      #5200 - 04/05/03 01:43 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Quote:

Symptoms-

Symptoms are those things you feel and can tell your doctor about. Pain, poor appetite, nausia, diarrehea are very common symtoms of IBD, but so are the less obvious like: being pale, having an unexsplained rash, fever, chills, sweets, weight gain and weight loss

This is from web page

I heard once that a symptom of ibd can be rash. Make sure you can rule that one out. I know i do since my aunt and grandfather had U Colitis (Ibd)

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#5263 - 04/06/03 08:38 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Skin problems with GI problems can also signal celiac. If you haven't been tested for that (call your doc to check) a simple blood screen will do initially. Celiac is very often overlooked and misdiagnosed as IBS.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#5276 - 04/07/03 04:53 AM
mamaraggi

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: Davie, Florida

Rash can also be caused by excema, a skin condition aggravated by stress and having IBS can be a stressor. Creams are available and keeping the skin well moisturized is important.

#5393 - 04/07/03 09:20 PM
juniorrachel

Loc: St. Louis, MO

oh yeah, i have eczema, too. no fun. it's been bad again lately... good indicator i'm too stressed!

beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2675 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2606

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review