All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Equalactin & "normal" eating
      #4910 - 04/02/03 09:08 AM
Lisa37

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Trinidad & Tobago

Hallo. Just wondering if anyone has tried Equalactin. It has such a good write-up about "regulating water in the bowels" regardless if suffering from constipation or diarrhea... I'm wondering if maybe you can eat normally and just take Equalactin and not worry about all the diet restrictions. Does anyone know? That would be great! I would love to sink my teeth into a good beef roti or a delicious pizza. I'm from the (Caribbean) and a friend is bringing it for me from the U.S. next week. So I'll keep you'all posted if no-one knows the answer.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Equalactin & "normal" eating new
      #4913 - 04/02/03 09:56 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Equalactin is actually a fiber supplement. It has the same ingredients as Fibercon. If you do a search of the boards, you will find plenty of info on it.

Good luck!
Mags

Re: Equalactin & "normal" eating new
      #4936 - 04/02/03 02:11 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Be careful. You might actually be able to take Equalactin or another soluble fiber supplement, and then have a small splurge of a trigger food. That strategy can work. But...you should be pretty stable in the first place, and it has to be an occasional indulgence. Unfortunately, it doesn't work too well to regularly take a soluble fiber supplement and then eat a lot of trigger foods. The soluble fiber is a great buffer, but you can overwhelm your GI tract anyway. So you have to find a balance here.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4906 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 668

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review