All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bad Mornings
      #4892 - 04/02/03 06:48 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

I was wondering if any of you have IBS really bad in the mornings? Recently I have been having awful symptoms in the mornings, and can not even eat breakfast. It usually last until early afternoon. I have tried just drinking Peppermint & Chamomile tea and that seems to aggrivate it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bad Mornings new
      #4917 - 04/02/03 10:34 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I always have bad work day mornings. For some reason, I'm almost always fine on the weekends. But, I've been trying all kinds of things, and last Friday and all this week, I've been good. (Thank goodness!)

I was worse before I started exercising. I did read in another post you were having trouble with that though. I remember I kept having to stop in the middle of exercising for D. I would even have to turn around and come back home once I left for work with even more D. The doc put my on anti-spasmodics though, and that helped a lot. Then I was able to work out & I felt better in the am. Lately, my stomach would be nauseous, burning & I'd feel unstable with BM's from about 7:30-9, give or take.

So far, tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I've stopped taking the anti-spasmodics and I've had no (major) problems. I get up around 5:30 am, take a pepogest, work out, take fiber, eat small bowl rice krispies, drink tea (I like chamomile best. I also drink peppermint, ginger, & fennel.), get ready & off I go. Like I said before, so far this has been working for the past few days. I tried stopping from taking a multi-vitamin last week, so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it.

What symptoms are you having? Are you on any meds?

Hopefully this will help give you some ideas?

#4932 - 04/02/03 01:32 PM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

I am glad to see that I am not the only one, (well not glad that you have problems too, but that there is someone that I can relate to). I am currently on Paxil, and I occasionaly take a Bentyl. When I work out I will be fine until I get off the treadmill, and about 5-10 minutes later my stomach is cramping up and I get really bad "D". Sometimes I can finish my workout, but for the most part I let my body rest. Like you I either end up in the bathroom for 30 minutes or more, or have to go home and call in sick to work. So I just stopped working out in the morning. What kind of anti-spasmatic did you take, and how long before you worked out did you take it?
Thanks soo much
Stacey

#4937 - 04/02/03 02:11 PM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

I used to have very bad mornings. I was having trouble last year with owner of the company I work for and the 30 min drive to work turned into an hour drive atleast once a week for over a month. I know all the nice clean potties on the way to work and I also have my IBS-D survival kit in my car always. Now I have flare-ups from time to time, I usually call in and tell them I'm going to be a little late becuase I have to settle my stomach before I leave. I try to lay back down and take a little nap so my mind forgets about the previous cramps so I send myself to the toilet.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

#4940 - 04/02/03 02:14 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Sometimes you can head this off with tactics the night before. Make sure your dinner is low fat, high soluble fiber, and not too late at night. But have a little soluble fiber snack later in the evening, and a few glasses of peppermint or fennel tea. Then take your soluble fiber supplement about 30-60 mins. before you go to bed. Make sure you're not taking a vitamin or other supplement at night that could be causing morning problems.

And, if you can get extra sleep by going to bed earlier, that will make mornings easier too. I'd also try having a hot cup of peppermint tea and more soluble fiber as soon as you get.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#4950 - 04/02/03 03:45 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I was taking Hyoscyamine Ex Rel, generic for Levsinex. My doc told me to take 1 every 12-24 hrs as needed for pain. I never took more than 1 a day. I took 1 at night before bed. The doc recommended that, because they can make you drowsy. Which they did make me.

#4954 - 04/02/03 04:23 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I am also on Levsin. I take one at 5 am and one at 5:30 pm.The med gives me no side effects, and works pretty well. For some reason, i have no problems with mornings whatsoever ::knock on wood::

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#4962 - 04/02/03 07:06 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

the mornings are nthe worst time of day for me as well. If I can get through it then I'M USUALLY OK. iT has been better since being on the diet though. Lomotil settles my stomach down after a bad bowel movement. Try pepperminttea by itself, peppermint is a muscle relaxant, but chamomile might be irriating it.

#4970 - 04/02/03 10:59 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

me too me too. mornings are always the worst for me. even if i'm okay the rest of the day, i usually have at least SOME symptoms in the morning. makes it harder to want to wake up, too, cuz i know it's coming. i let the administrators at my school know, and thankfully they're really great about things. i just come a little late sometimes and then just stay later to make up for lost time. too bad i won't be able to do that after i graduate and i have to work!

beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1483 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1465

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review