Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Angel, have you been checked for celiac? -nt- new
      #48271 - 03/05/04 11:45 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Angel, have you been checked for celiac? -nt- new
      #55032 - 03/27/04 05:21 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I've been tested and I don't have celiac. I have severe bloating from severe gas in my tummy and gas may be in my bowels too since my tummy is huge! I also have severe water retention from salt, c and carbs. It takes 4g of water to store 1g of carbs! I'm doing everything to get my tummy flat again but I have no luck. My gas and water retention is so severe I'm constantly full and can only eat a small amount of food each day. My stomache is like the size of a lemon.

Angel- new
      #55051 - 03/27/04 07:27 PM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

I too seem to be bloated 24/7! It's like no matter what I eat, I still feel bloated. I have been trying to follow Heather's diet, but I've noticed that since I have been consuming more carbs, I feel more bloated then usual.

I use to have some good days where my tummy would be pretty flat, and not bloated or gassy. But lately... bring on the bloat!! Can't seem to figure out why it won't go away.

If you find something that is working for you, let me know!! I would love to try it.

Thanks!! Keep me updated.

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Re: bloating and refined starches new
      #55168 - 03/28/04 02:30 PM
ILSA

Reged: 05/10/03

Your problems could be related to acid indigestion and acid reflux. I was having similar problems and my Doctor is treating me with Prevacid and they are almost gone. Consider gastritis also.

Re: bloating and refined starches new
      #55247 - 03/28/04 08:08 PM
Dalia

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: London / Tel Aviv / New York

just to let you know, that I am an ibs constipation sufferer (terrible constipation) and it is brought ON by refined carbs, like white rice and white bread, cakes adn cookies (not to mention preservativess and addititves in processed foods)...I can't tolerate anything processed hardly. If I eat too many wholegrain things, I get bloated, but generally, if I stick to a diet of small frequent meals, I tolerate raw fruit and veg and wholegrains and don't go near anything white. This basically illustrates that though the triggers for my ibs are indeed those in heathers book, the way I manage my ibs is very different, and works for me.
For me, wholegrains are a God send!!!

--------------------
Feel the fear, and do it anyway

Re: Angel- new
      #55721 - 03/29/04 05:28 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I know how horrible it is to be bloated 24/7. I get more bloated after I eat and when I take my fiber with soy beverage. I'll keep you updated for sure if I find something that can help. My stomach hasn't been flat at all since I got IBS sadly.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4912 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3354

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review