All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Gas Pains?
      #4763 - 04/01/03 08:15 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

I was wondering if anyone gets gas like pains (not really followed by much gas)? I tend to get these pains in the evening, especially if I eat chips and salsa. But some times it just appears, and I really can not link any certain food to it, with the exception of the chips and salsa. It gets to the point that I would rather stay hunched over instead of standing straight up because of if being soo uncomfortable. I am assuming that it is some how linked to my IBS. If anyone has experienced this, what do you do for it? I think it is more irritating (and of course uncomfortable and painful)than anything. And the fact that I can not relate it to anything.
Thanks'Stacey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gas Pains? new
      #4766 - 04/01/03 09:02 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Stacy -

I get pains like this frequently. I only got them on the weekends though and I couldn't figure out why when I hardly ate anything on weekends. And that was the exact problem. I wasn't eating my six meals a day.

I have found that I will sleep in on weekends and don't have snacks just meals and then I find I get terrible pains, so bad I can't get off the couch.

If this sounds similiar to you...I would suggest eating your meals as normal (even if it means getting up in the morning having breakfast and then going back to bed to try to sleep in)

Also - to help the pain - I usually lay down and use a heating pad and some advil - it usually helps the pain. I drink lots of water that day and don't do anything strenuous that day. (Even if you start to feel better just baby yourself because the pains come back)

Maybe this helps...if not I am sorry

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#4767 - 04/01/03 09:16 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

Do your pains feel like they are gas pains? And also are they usually a little more higher up then where your IBS cramps are? The heating pad does work wonders, I don't know what I would have ever done without it.
Thanks

#4773 - 04/01/03 10:36 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

There are some yoga poses that can help this. The best is to lie on your back with both legs extended, then bring one bent knee to your chest and hug it gently. Just relax into this pose for several minutes. Then do the other side.

You might also find that going for a walk helps as well. There's something about walking that really calms down my gut and relieves gas and bloating too.

And fennel tea...I sound like a broken record on that one!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#4779 - 04/01/03 12:14 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

I get a lot of gas pains after pancakes(even ibs. friendly pancakes) they don't seem to actually fill me up as such, I just get gas pains which goes away after aday or so. I usually drink water to loosen it up.

#4789 - 04/01/03 01:11 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I get this every so often as well, feels like gas but nothing can exit! and you can't even stand up straight! I am with heather on the fennel tea (or even ginger tea). It does wonders..

#4836 - 04/01/03 05:21 PM
Lana_Marie

To be perfectly blunt - it is pains in my lower abdomin and into my butt. It hurts really bad. Sometimes I
just bawl my eyes out! My husband is really wonderful though and very helpful. He just does everything for
me when I get them. Sometimes I wish I had them more often LOL NOT REALLY

Where are you pains?

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#4838 - 04/01/03 05:25 PM
Lana_Marie

HI Heather -

I just read your response - and although this isn't my post I just have to ask:

Do you think these pains have nothing to do with IBS then because sometimes I can never even get off the couch - it hurts to move even to get up and go to the washroom,I even walk hunched over! I can't imagine doing anything when I have these pains because it hurts so incredibly badly.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#4840 - 04/01/03 05:26 PM
Lana_Marie

Maybe we should try the fennel tea Stacey - have you ever tried that because I haven't!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#4846 - 04/01/03 05:36 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I think the gas pains are a part of IBS. And I know what you mean when the pain is too severe to walk (or talk, or breathe). When it's to that degree I'm at a loss too - I find it helpful to walk when things are much milder. When they're that severe, strong peppermint tea can help but it doesn't work instantly. Wish I had more help for this. It's the really blinding pain that I don't know how to stop once it starts. I really wish the drug companies were working on something like this, to be taken just as needed. That would be my dream.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2854 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2497

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review