All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
? for heather about cereal ingredients
      #43996 - 02/09/04 10:11 PM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

so far all i can tolerate is rice chex and my doctor said my tryglicerides are way to high. i eat a bowl a day so i need to try and switch it up...is this cereal ok?? i think i can handle small amounts of oatmeal

Ingredients:
Organic milled rice, organic rolled oats, organic dehydrated cane juice, sea salt, organic barley malt, vitamin E (mixed tocopherols added to maintain freshness), fortification blend (iron (ferric orthophosphate), vitamin C (sodium ascorbate), vitamin A (vitamin A acetate), niacin (niacinamide), zinc (zinc oxide), folic acid, vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), vitamin D, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), riboflavin, thiamin (thiamin mononitrate).

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ? for heather about cereal ingredients new
      #44032 - 02/10/04 07:26 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm not Heather, but I'm pretty sure Rice Chex are fine. As a matter of fact, Heather included them as an ingredient in her Honey Glazed Snack mix, so they must be! Plus I've eaten them many times and never had a problem. Enjoy!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#44112 - 02/10/04 12:30 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - unless you can't tolerate oatmeal, this new cereal should be fine. Most IBS folks do really well with the whole grains brown rice and oatmeal, but not everyone. If you do, then those are great choices for cereals. Also, there's corn chex, cream of rice, a bowl of quinoa, polenta.

Watch your refined sugar intake - that can affect triglycerides. And no alcohol at all.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#44171 - 02/10/04 02:09 PM
Kree

Oops, you weren't asking about Rice Chex! I misread your post.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#44206 - 02/10/04 04:42 PM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

lol its ok i figured out you prob jus read it wrong!!

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

another cereal q for heather new
      #44260 - 02/11/04 07:02 AM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I just bought this new cereal, Kashi, honey puffed. The front of the box says 7 whole grains and sesame, only 1 gram of fat per serving, no added oils, no preservatives. It even lists the dietary, soluble and insoluble fiber (2g, .6g, and 1.4 respectivly) is this one ok to eat?

have you tried... new
      #44262 - 02/11/04 07:15 AM
bauie25

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Iowa

Quaker Squares - brown sugar are quite yummy... I know a lot of other people have said they don't have problems with them? Also, rice krispies (but I figure you already knew that one...), and plain cheerios
AND... some individuals are okay with cocoa pebbles (but they are artificially sweetned, so if you are sensitive to everything, you might want to avoid)

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Kree new
      #44264 - 02/11/04 07:30 AM
bauie25

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Iowa

Kree,

I am such a brat-- I received the peppermint capsules a while ago-- they work for me And have YET to send you compensation (which is in an envelope with a letter... that is now out of date). So, I'm going to write a new letter and get it out to you as soon as my classes calm down a bit!

Thanks so much for going out of your way for someone you don't even know! And I am soooo sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

*me

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Re: Kree new
      #44266 - 02/11/04 08:16 AM
Kree

Sarah, you're very welcome, and don't worry about it! I know what it's like to be a busy student. I'm just glad to hear that you got them and they work for you! I'd so much rather have you use them than see them sitting in my medicine cabinet. Take your time with the letter, and you don't even have to send it if you don't want to. Take care!

Kree

--------------------

Re: another cereal q for heather new
      #44324 - 02/11/04 11:21 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Well, the ratio of insoluble fiber to soluble fiber in this cereal is more than 2:1. That's kind of the opposite of what I'd hope to see in a whole grain cereal, so be careful. Treat this as an insoluble fiber, and add it in tiny quantity to a soluble fiber cereal.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7311 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1846

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review