Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Green Tea
      #4209 - 03/27/03 03:45 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Hey guys!

I run the risk of feeling like an idiot BUT I would like you to confirm something I heard and have believed for the past 2 years. I heard that Green tea is full of caffeine. Is this true?????

Because of this belief I've stayed away from it. People in this country drink at least a gallon a day. It is renowned for it anti-cancer agents, calcium, blah blah blah. I believe it! But I also believe its loaded with caffeine.

Am I right?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Green Tea new
      #4211 - 03/27/03 03:48 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Yes, it is, and NO, it is not a dumb question at all. I think it has the highest caffeine content of all teas. You can find decaf so you get the benefits without the risk. Have you tried Jasmine tea or is that more of a chinese thing? I only ask because I love it and it's a perfectly safe option.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#4213 - 03/27/03 03:57 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Ironically - I noticed today that a coworker had a bottle of tea and the only english on the label said "Jasmine". Now I'm not sure if that meant green tea AND jasmine or simply Jasmine. It's difficult to be sure and I'm not sure I'd want to risk it.

Ahh...I miss tea! A steaming hot cup of Earl Grey with cream and sugar...sure was a great way to warm a cold body up on the Canadian prairies!!!!

#4228 - 03/27/03 08:27 AM
NaturalBody4You

Reged: 01/30/03

I have a green tea extract that I use and it is naturally decaffinated. Green Tea Plus Magic Fruit...I like it and when I feel bad (like today) I drink several cups and my stomach usually feels better. In a hot cup of water I squirt in two droppers full and it makes a great tasting tea. Good luck.

Re: Green Tea - not a simple answer new
      #4269 - 03/27/03 12:12 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Kimbo - The amount of caffeine in green tea can actually vary a lot. If you use whole tea leaves (like the gunpowder green tea) and brew it, this will have less caffeine than black tea. But macha, the Japanese green tea powder, is very high in caffeine because you're actually consuming the leaves themselves. So - you're probably in the country with the greatest variety of green tea on earth! Check around and see if you can just get a variety of the leaves to brew. This will be quite low in caffeine but still delicous. And green tea is super good for health - it is anti-cancer, anti-aging, you name it.

You could also probably get decaf green tea.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5592 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 972

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review