All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
questions on constipation
      #41425 - 01/28/04 07:11 AM
Alan

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Staten Island, New York

Hi, I hate being constipated for days. Is there a fast and simple way to get more insoluble fiber and soluble in my diet for breakfast. Any other advice to relieve constipation? Isn't taking laxatives like senokot or philips mo bad because you may become dependent on it?? And does philip mo contain any dairy in it? Is there a way to do a search on a persons name on everything they have posted?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: questions on constipation new
      #41426 - 01/28/04 07:19 AM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I can't answer all of your q's but I can help. I start out my day by taking acacia (you can get it from heather) and that really helps. For help on relieving constipation read the Boo on constipation thread, lots of helpful hints on that. Laxatives are bad, I once took 1/2 of the recommended dose and had bad cramps and diharrea for over an hour. As far as reading all of a users post, click on their name to view their profile and there's an option to read all of their posts. Hope this helps!

#41433 - 01/28/04 07:44 AM
Alan

Reged: 01/27/04
Loc: Staten Island, New York

what do you mean read the boo for constipation thread?
Thanks rosie

#41434 - 01/28/04 07:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Rosiechica, great suggestion! The "poop" thread Shanna started a couple of months ago now has a MILLION suggestions on constipation! My fav. goody from the post was putting lemon in warm water and drinking this first thing in the morn'!

Alan, you can go to "search" and put in someone's name. Try that. If that doesn't work for finding all the posts someone has written, Mags will prob. be able to help you out. Let me know if the search doesn't work and we'll ask Mags for help....

Greta having you both here, WELCOME!

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#41436 - 01/28/04 07:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

Alan,

I think she meant the "poop" thread started by Shanna....hope this helps!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#41437 - 01/28/04 07:51 AM
rosiechica

Reged: 08/22/03
Loc: Wisconsin

There was a thread started on the 24th by mickeymouse, Booo on constipation, I know it helped me a lot, you may have to go back several pages to find it. It's also fairly long, but it's really good.

#41440 - 01/28/04 07:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

NOW I know what you're referring to......sorry I was confused! There have been SO MANY great posts on C....now Alan has several to choose from

Thanks rosiechica...you rock!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Quick help for breakfast fiber... new
      #41495 - 01/28/04 11:39 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Make a fresh fruit smoothie in the blender with rice/soy milk and bananas, mangoes, fresh/frozen peaches, blueberries, cherries, strawberries, pineapple. Mix and match however you like, but keep the "smooth" fruits (bananas, mangoes, peaches) as your foundation because they've got less insoluble fiber than the "seedy" or "tough hulled" fruits like the berries. Still, if you make a big glass of smoothie here this will give you a great deal of insoluble fiber in a very safe form. If you tolerate oatmeal (most, but not all IBS folks do very well) have a bowl of this with the smoothie for a lot of soluble fiber. And have your soluble fiber supplement first thing in the morning too.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4005 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1266

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review