All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help!
      #4017 - 03/25/03 05:03 AM
KJL

Reged: 03/11/03

Hi,

I posted a few weeks ago inquiring about traveling tips. No one responded, but I'm desperate, so I'm posting again. We're leaving for our trip on Thursday. I haven't had a BM in nearly 4 days, and I'm really really worried. I think my worry about the trip has caused this. Last week I was pretty regular, but then on Friday I had a "D" episode, and haven't gone since. I finally made a doctor's appointment, but couldn't get in until after we return from our trip. What should I do?? I don't want to have to cancel our trip because we're really looking forward to it and it wouldn't be fair to my husband.
Sorry again for jumping in with my questions. Thanks so much; I've really benefitted from reading this website.

-Kristin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! new
      #4018 - 03/25/03 05:32 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Kristin,

Hi! I'm not sure what you're doing to help the C--so I'll start from the beginning. Taking a fiber supplement is important--as is drinking TONS of water and exercise. Have you tried yoga? I've been doing yoga for a few weeks now--and at the very least is helping with relaxation.

Enjoy your trip! Make sure you bring lots of safety foods with you (if you're flying--bring whatever you need on the plane. I followed Heather's book ideas from First Year IBS and brought my fiber, homeade bread, and pretzels on the plane for safety foods--what a lifesaver!!) I hope this helps--good luck--and have a safe/enjoyable trip!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#4019 - 03/25/03 05:34 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

If I recall correctly, there was quite a bit of discussion about travel tips in earlier posts. Hit the search button. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#4059 - 03/25/03 12:56 PM
KJL

Reged: 03/11/03

Thanks so much for the responses! Miraculously, I had a BM soon after I arrived at work this morning. YAY!
Sorry I posted my traveling question before using the search function. Doh!
I think I do well with my food choices and I exercise 1st thing in the morning for 35-45 minutes (usually aerobics). And yes, I do drink a lot of water. So I think the main trigger I have to deal with is stress.
I bought some Citrucil a few weeks ago, but was afraid to take it b/c it says consult your physician first. Well, I was desperate yesterday, so I took some last night before dinner and this morning before breakfast. Maybe that did the trick? Or maybe the fact that I got my monthly visitor helped move things along as well?
Should I continue taking Citrucil or should I wait until my doctor's appt. next week? I'm anxious to see what the doctor has to say about my C problems - I should have gone long ago.

Thanks again!

#4060 - 03/25/03 01:00 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Glad you're feeling better. I'd stick with the Citrucel. It's just soluble fiber, not a laxative, so it's really safe. There's detailed info at web page

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#4061 - 03/25/03 01:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm no expert--but I'd keeping taking the citrucel. (Especially if you've already been diagnosed with IBS). Most people don't get enough fiber anyway--and I don't think the fiber should hurt you--so I say go for it! If you do decide to wait until you see your doc--that's understandable. Whatever your comfortable with!

To answer your question about the BM--the citrucel definately could've helped! I'm glad you had a BM--yay!!!!!

Good luck--hope your travels go well! Take care!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 649 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 632

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review