All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Strange IBS symptom...have you ever experienced this?
      #39812 - 01/22/04 02:55 PM
Kristie

Reged: 01/22/04

I have a strange IBS symptom that occurs sometimes when I eat a high fat meal. Mind you, that is not very often anymore. But when I do, about 20-30 minutes after I have finished eating, I will have to go to the bathroom urgently. Then, instead of having regular "D", a liquid yellow substance will come out of me that basically looks like oil. Have any of you ever experienced this and is this the fat that I ate at the meal coming out of me? Kinda gross, but I need to know if this is something to worry about. This has never happened after eating a "safe" meal.

Thanks so much for your help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Strange IBS symptom...have you ever experienced this? new
      #39870 - 01/22/04 05:39 PM
Kristie

Bumping back to the top of the page.

#39876 - 01/22/04 05:57 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Nope I havent' had this happen to me. I would call your Dr and let them know about it!

Good luck and welcome to the boards. I think you will like it here! Lots of good info!

--------------------

#39887 - 01/22/04 07:00 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - yep, tell your doc, just to make sure there isn't something going on with your gallbladder or a possible inflammatory bowel disease. Fat is something that makes your liver produce more bile, and it also stimulates your gut making fecal matter pass through the colon more quickly, and often triggering a bowel movement.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#39920 - 01/22/04 09:23 PM
Kristie

Thanks, Heather. I have an appointment with my doc next week. I know it's not my gall bladder, though. I haven't had one of those since 1998. I had a sack-full of gall stones and had to have it removed. However, my IBS symptoms did not begin until about 5 years after I had my gall bladder removed. So, I know it's not the lack of my gall bladder, or the presence of one for that matter, that is causing my attacks. Did that make sense???

#39921 - 01/22/04 10:29 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

kristi that yellow stuff what comes out of your b. is yellow mucus. thats normal the dr told me. hope you feel beter. jasper.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 801

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review