All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to the board
      #3894 - 03/23/03 10:03 PM
kcj44

Reged: 03/23/03
Loc: Elk Grove, CA

Hi! I am new to the board and have had IBS since I was in my 20's. I had it severly when I left home and was on my own and was under a lot of stress. Then I meet a great guy who showed me ways to deal with my stress. My IBS got better, but then I had to aliminate foods from my diet. I get occasional bouts, when I eat something that bothers me. I am looking for recipes that I can use soy milk in, but not nuts, beans, any dairy. I can only eat squash, and aspargus, as they are the only vegs that don't bother me.

I bought Heather's book and found it useful in helping me deal with my IBS, but a lot of the recipes I am not able to make as they contain foods that bother me. Sometimes I feel like my diet is nil.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks, KJ

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to the board new
      #3895 - 03/23/03 10:27 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Welcome to the board! I'd post this question on the recipe exchange board - also search there for recipes already posted. There are lots of great ideas and great food, and you can make special requests and get really good suggestions.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3917 - 03/24/03 06:55 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

KJ39 - Welcome to our IBS Family. Hopefully, you'll find us useful and helpful and find the Recipe Exchange should help you. The Search function at the top of the boards should narrow things down for you if you use it. I use it all the time.

You're located about 2 hours from me. You're by Sacramento, right? We live in Groveland, south of you over by Yosemite at 3000 ft elevation with the deer, racoons, bears, pumas, squirrels and quail.

Please don't be shy about posting. If you read thru a lot of the past threads, you'll find that none of us are bashful about posting or answering.

Again, welcome.

Sharon (one of the Recipe Exchange moderators)

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#3918 - 03/24/03 06:57 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi and Welcome to the Board,

I have trouble with Heather's book too, but it's only because there are so many ingredients I have never tried and am unsure if I would even like.

I have confidence that everyone on here will be able to help you sort out your triggers and maybe find food that will be helpful to you.

You can also check out the recipe exchange - there are some excellent recipes on there and pretty basic foods too!

Again, Welcome to the board,

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#4006 - 03/24/03 10:04 PM
kcj44

Hi! Thanks for the welcome. I have begun to check out the recipes and have all ready printed out some good ones.

KJ

#4007 - 03/24/03 10:06 PM
kcj44

Thank you for the welcome! I have begun to check out the recipe board and have gotten some good ideas.

KJ

#4008 - 03/24/03 10:08 PM
kcj44

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, I live 5 minutes from Sacramento. I was raised there. I have heard of Groveland, but didn't realize it was by Yosemite. I happy to find a board where there are other people who have IBS just like me.

KJ

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6815 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 708

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review