All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nothing is working
      #368247 - 09/25/12 08:47 AM
Janiscatsr4me

Reged: 09/25/12

Hi Heather, I have had IBS for many many years. A couple of years ago it got worse and I found your site. I take 4 tbl @ day of the acacia powder for about 2 years now. I was doing great could almost eat anything I wanted. In July of this year, the IBS stared acting up again. I still use my powder plus follow all the guidelines. But for some reason nothing is working. I even went to the doctor thinking it might be a bacterial infection. Stool samples were given and came out negative. I also started using Levsin a prescription from my doctor and that isn't helping very well either. I'm so frustated cuz my diet has not changed but no matter what I do I can't get my IBS under control. Crying as I write this cuz I'm so tired of feeling this way. When I got the IBS under control a couple of years ago I was so happy and thought I'd never have a problem again. Now I'm so sad and confused. Would so much appreciate your help. Thank you so much, Janis

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nothing is working new
      #368249 - 09/25/12 06:13 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi Janis - I am so sorry to hear this. Are the symptoms that are flaring typical for what you had before you stabilized a few years ago? If something is new, you might push your GI doc for more tests as it could be something a stool sample wouldn't detect.

Have stress factors or other things in your life changed? Moved to a different climate? Any hormonal changes from birth control, menopause, pregnancy, etc? Any other physical issues that have come up, whether problems or medications?

Please let me know and I'll follow up.

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Nothing is working new
      #368250 - 09/25/12 08:20 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Janis - Heather has some good tips for you - be sure to have your doctor look into this to make sure there is nothing else going on besides IBS.

When nothing was working for me after years and years of trying, I reluctantly tried hypnotherapy, which was what was very helpful to me to address the stress, anxiety and brain-gut aspects of IBS to reduce or eliminate symptoms. After you check in with the doc, you may want to investigage that option - the program offered on this site has been very helpful - I was at the end of my rope - read my story below. There is help! If you have any questions about it, I would be happy to help. Take care hon. ((HUGS))

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1639 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1489

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review