All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fruit Teas?
      #367468 - 05/17/12 03:18 AM
Cheeks_070

Reged: 05/17/12

Hi
I've recently discovered Heather and this site, just bought the book (the first year of IBS) and am feeling positive about what I've read so far. However being a HUGE coffee fan, even though I migrated to decaf some time ago, and recently knocked it on the head altogether I struggle to enjoy peppermint tea all day everyday but am getting into Fruit Teas....
They are caffeine free but are they SAFE to drink?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fruit Teas? new
      #367469 - 05/17/12 07:57 AM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

hi I am miles from stable and the good news is that some fruit teas don't even bother me!( so they must be really safe, because everything sets me off)
I have tried
country peach passion (celestial seasonings)
true blueberry (celestial seasonings)
cranberry ( from the health food store it was basically just dried cranberry, now i just add a teaspoon of 100% pure cranberry juice to water, it's cheaper then the tea)
I also drink mint melange tea from trader joes(yummy blend of peppermint, speariment and lemongrass)
and stash lemon ginger (this sometimes seems to cause a little belching so the jury's out on this one)

i do avoid the ones with chicory as they sometimes seem to not sit with me as well, but most of the ones without i can drink even on bad days, good luck!

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

Yes! new
      #367470 - 05/17/12 10:47 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

It's pretty hard to find an herbal tea that is NOT safe for IBS, unless it's something labeled as a laxative, cleanse, etc. Any fruit tea should be just fine. It's always good to read the ingredients just in case they're sneaking in something weird like an artificial sweetener.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 206 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review