All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Trying to get back beans- brownies?
      #364241 - 04/11/11 05:26 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

so I haven't had beans in like 4 years I want them back would the black bean brownies be the wrong way to go or should I try another approach like a tsp at a time. Any ideas would be great thanks
emmasmom ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Trying to get back beans- brownies? new
      #364245 - 04/12/11 01:14 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Add them slowly and gradually, but consistently. You could start with just 1/4 cup of soy milk a day, or a few tablespoons of pureed beans (any kind) mixed into your lunch or dinner main dish.

Shouldn't take more than a week or two to get your gut re-adjusted to them, just start with a small amount and eat them consistently.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

A few questions before I do this new
      #364246 - 04/12/11 01:47 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am very nervous about doing this I am not c anymore but I do have alot of gas still I drink the fennel tea should I drink this everyday when I start the beans I also take bean-o as well. Will putting them back in my diet cause a attack at first? Thanks for the help!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: A few questions before I do this new
      #364275 - 04/13/11 11:45 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - it should not cause an attack, you just need to start with small amounts and continue to eat them so your body adjusts to the raffinose (bean sugar). Go slowly and gradually, and things should be fine.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2076 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1426

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review