All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
SF supplement timing
      #363846 - 03/04/11 06:31 AM
CellSalts_Work

Reged: 08/15/10

those of you that take a SF supplement in powder form, is there a difference in its efficacy depending on whether you take it before or during (or surely not after) a meal if you're taking it dissolved in a drink?

same question regarding tablet form SF suppl.?

thanks,
Susie

--------------------
Susie, born in 1985,
(pseudo-)D and bloating April 2007-December 2010, now stable

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: SF supplement timing new
      #363852 - 03/04/11 07:18 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

I don't think it matters. At least not for me personally. I usually take it before breakfast and again before dinner. I've also taken it during a meal if I didn't get it mixed early enough for it to dissolve before I ate. I think it's effective either way. I'm not sure about the pill form because I don't ever use that. I would guess that it would be the same way.

#363858 - 03/04/11 08:43 AM
shelgirl

Reged: 09/22/09
Loc: Wisconsin

I personally have problems taking it before a meal...it seems to kind of make me feel bloated or full and just didn't feel good. I actually take it between meals, but, I think it just varies from person to person.

--------------------
IBS-D. Eating gluten and dairy free.

Works best for me by far right before a meal... new
      #363862 - 03/04/11 01:17 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

especially if there's going to be a lot of insoluble fiber in the meal. The SFS is my best bet for heading off problems from that.

Also works best for me to take in between meals if I need to eat but for some reason can't. Then the SFS keeps me stable till I can eat.

Haven't ever tried taking right after a meal - that just sounds like it would make me feel too full.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#363957 - 03/10/11 09:25 AM
gas_tank

Reged: 08/25/10
Loc: Michigan

I usually put in my oatmeal or cereal in the morning. I have tried to disolve it in a drink and take it before a meal. But I must be doing something wrong as I end up having most of it on the bottom of my glass or in clumps even thou I continuously stir it. I would like to master it in a drink so I can take it in between meals.

Jonette, IBS-C

--------------------
IBS-C 20+yrs with gas, bloating, knife sharpening pains during an attack

#363958 - 03/10/11 11:13 AM
gizmo

Reged: 07/28/10

When I dissolve it in water in addition to stirring it I let it sit for 15 minutes or so and then it's completely dissolved. I've noticed that works the best for me.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7426 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2347

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review