All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Soy yogurt - can anyone suggest a brand?
      #36267 - 01/09/04 11:28 AM
hde

Reged: 10/01/03

Ok, I've been able to give up skim milk and soda and all sorts of other things, but I thought I could hold on to my yogurt. Unfortunately I have been having a terrible problem with bloating lately and I think it's time for me to try the soy yogurt. I usually eat fat-free flavored yogurt with the fruit mixed in. I can't stand the kind where the fruit is at the bottom. Does anyone have any suggestions of any brands that I can try? I tried Stonyfield yogurt (regular yogurt, not soy) once and really didn't like the taste. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soy yogurt - can anyone suggest a brand? new
      #36279 - 01/09/04 11:50 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Personally, I've liked all the flavors of Silk and Whole Soy brands that I've tried. I also tried O'Soy, and thought it was disgusting! But I know everyone has different tastes. Good luck finding something you like! Now that I've gotten used to it, soy yogurt really doesn't taste that different from dairy yogurt for me!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Soy yogurt - Can i get it in Ontario? new
      #36287 - 01/09/04 12:09 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

I've been looking for soy yogourt, not too hard i have to admit, but haven't found it at my usual grocery store. I live in Ontario, east of Toronto, and usually shop at Loblaws. Any idea where i can find it? SHould it be there and i've just missed it somehow?

Make it yourself? new
      #36289 - 01/09/04 12:16 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

I own a Yogourmet yogurt maker and wrote to the company and asked if I could make soy yogurt in it. Here was their response:
"You may indeed make yogurt using soy milk. The yogurt obtained will however be less firm than the one made using cow milk... the more fat there is in the milk, the firmer the yogurt will be."

Now, I have the yogurt maker, but from what I've heard you can make it yourself by using your oven and turning on the light in it (for heat). I use the Yogourmet starter purchased from the Health food store. It's also available online, just put it into search.

Re: Soy yogurt - Can i get it in Ontario? new
      #36290 - 01/09/04 12:19 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I've had Jersy Farms Soygurt and loved it...I was so excited too when I found out that our little town actually carried it! I got it at a Co-op, so not sure where you could find it in Ontario...I'm sure if we have it here, you can find it there!

I've tried this... new
      #36329 - 01/09/04 02:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and it did not come out. It got very tart and tangy, but didn't thicken at all. I was pretty disappointed...

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

I agree with Kree.... new
      #36336 - 01/09/04 02:25 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Silk & Whole Soy are my favorite brands. I think Silk tastes more like the ones you like (FF w/ fruit mixed in). I love their lime! And the Stoneyfield O'Soy - yuck.

Re: I've tried this... new
      #36657 - 01/11/04 01:15 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Heather: Did you use the Yogourmet packaged starter?

No - don't think I did, but can't remember. This was years ago. -nt- new
      #36659 - 01/11/04 01:16 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I agree with Kree.... new
      #36737 - 01/12/04 06:01 AM
hde

Reged: 10/01/03

Do you know if they make a fat free version of any of the Silk or Whole Soy yogurts? I found the Silk brand at my regular grocery store but it's not fat free. I bought some anyway but haven't tried just yet. Thanks for your help again everyone!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review