All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
rice cereals
      #3614 - 03/21/03 09:54 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Heather; I don't think rice chex fills me up enough. Could you please let me know what posts would have other breakfast suggestions in them(cold cereals) or repost them,thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: rice cereals new
      #3622 - 03/21/03 10:49 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Louise - did you try putting a sliced banana on your cereal and maybe having a slice of toast with jelly or fruit butter on it? Rice Krispies and virtually any other dry cereal made fromm rice. Just read the ingredients on the boxes. Of course, the store clerks might wonder why you've been standing in the cereal aisle so long!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#3627 - 03/21/03 10:55 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Well, cream of rice is a hot cereal, but you can make it in just a minute in the microwave. Make it with soy milk and it's extra creamy.

I like Sharon's idea of adding sliced banana to the cereal. That will be more filling. And after the cereal, you might have a piece of toast with just a smidgen of peanut butter - the fat will fill you up.

You could also try corn chex, Crispix, Honeycomb, or corn flakes and see if they're more filling. And maybe you're just not eating enough of the cereal?

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3647 - 03/21/03 12:50 PM
louise

I JUST HAD A WHOLE BOWL OF CRISPEX THIS NORNING AND IT WENT RIGHT THROUGH ME. I HAD IT WITH SOY MILK AS WELL. i will try other ideas when my system has recovered enough. :

#3648 - 03/21/03 01:01 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Hi - Are you taking a soluble fiber supplement first thing in the morning (as soon as you get up, before you eat anything?) This can help - so can taking the supplement last thing at night about an hour before you go to bed.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3695 - 03/21/03 04:26 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I love rice cereals (especially rice crispies) but corn flakes are my absolute favorite. i cn eat cornflakes by the bowlfulls! i CAN usually handle a small bowl of hone nut cheerios..... on my good days

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#3713 - 03/21/03 07:01 PM
louise

I TAKE METAMUCIL(SUGAR-FREE) ABOUT HALF AN LOUR BEFORE MEALTIME. Iwill try it at night to see what happens.

#3714 - 03/21/03 07:08 PM
louise

HI Sharon; I sometimes have a banana with soy milk as part of my breakfast anyway, I am unsure about rice krispies, it might be too light for me, even though I take my supplements. Ido enjoy half a bagel after a bowl of rice poerridge. The bagel tops the cereal off nicely. In the warmer whether I will want something cooler.

#3715 - 03/21/03 07:10 PM
louise

do you find those cereals filling enough for you?

#3717 - 03/21/03 07:32 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Try the sugar sweetened kind. The artificial sweeteners can cause GI side effects.

See if your health food store has something called Fiberrific - it's a supplement that isn't psyllium.

- Heather

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5736 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3197

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review