All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
tummy fiber and peppermint capsules together?
      #359326 - 06/16/10 08:56 PM
davin

Reged: 06/07/10
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta (Canada)

I was wondering if its safe to take tummy fiber and peppermint oil capsules together? For example, it is recommended to take the peppermint oil capsules 1 hour before eating a meal with very little water as possible and the fiber to be taken first thing in the morning with one cup of water.

Is it safe to take the tummy fiber first followed immediately by the peppermint oil capsules?

--------------------
IBS-D for 12 years

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: tummy fiber and peppermint capsules together? new
      #359327 - 06/17/10 12:22 AM
davin

Both are recommended to take on an empty stomach so wondering how to incorporate both at the same time? The peppermint capsules require very little water and the fiber is to be taken with a glass of water.

--------------------
IBS-D for 12 years

#359328 - 06/17/10 04:35 AM
mack

Reged: 06/03/10
Loc: Texas

Wait. I thought you could take the acacia fiber in food and drinks, or is that only IN ADDITION to what you are taking with just plain water on an empty stomach...?

--------------------
IBS-D for 18 long years...

#359333 - 06/17/10 09:48 AM
davin

In the morning, it is recommended to take the fiber first thing on an empty stomach but the peppermint capsules are also taken on an empty stomach but 1 hour before eating with little enough water just to get the capsule down.

Should I just take the peppermint caps first thing and wait and hour to eat and take the fiber right before?

--------------------
IBS-D for 12 years

Take the pep caps on an empty stomach... new
      #359334 - 06/17/10 12:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

and either wait an hour before eating (if you're prone to heartburn) or try eating 10-15 minutes or so later (if you're not prone to heartburn).

Take the Tummy Fiber whenever, however you want - with food or without, on an empty stomach or right with a meal. It doesn't matter. It is better to have at least two doses per day and not one big one.

Do separate the caps and the fiber doses.

You don't have to have either one first thing in the morning - that is up to you.

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3174 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2146

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review