All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Miralax vs Acacia for a 12 yr old.
      #357767 - 04/13/10 08:19 AM
Cher022

Reged: 02/12/05

I'm hoping that I could get some suggestions for my 12 yr old son. I believe that he has IBS. Last week he had a colonoscopy and the esophagus tube also. We do not have the results yet. But the doctor said he could take Miralax and I asked him if Acacia would be okay and he said we could try it. I have taken Acacia for several years and like it but I'm not sure what his dosage would be. Any help would be appreciated.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

If he's 12 he would actually fall into the same dose category new
      #357768 - 04/13/10 10:00 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

as an adult. So, he can take up to 30 grams a day of the Tummy Fiber. That's not a goal, that's a maximum, and he'd start with 1/2 tsp (which is one gram) twice daily. He would increase gradually, and keep gradually increasing until the constipation resolves.

For transitioning from a laxative like Miralax onto a soluble fiber supplement like the Tummy Fiber, check the 5 Constipation Frustrations starting here. They are all helpful, and one is specifically on this topic.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3073

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review