All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
Re: Remember too that IBS symptoms can affect other parts of the body... new
      #357481 - 04/07/10 06:57 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Quote:

severe pain from the intestinal spasms can cause nausea, cold sweats, vomiting, even loss of consciousness

Oh my, I never realized it could cause these other symptoms. This explains my nausea!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: skh,is this it? SYL new
      #357486 - 04/07/10 07:32 AM

Unregistered

well I'm not sure their user name on the board I can forward u the emails? give me your adress? so there is a potential they may help alot? did those ones look gentle?

Edited by aperson (04/07/10 07:33 AM)

Re: Phililps new
      #357504 - 04/07/10 12:24 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Cyndy, I wish you luck with the Phillips. I am not the first person to have luck with this one. I started seeing results right away, with none of the bloating or gas associated with others.

I stayed on Align a good six months, and I saw no difference whatsoever, so I couldn't see continuing on with it.

I hope Phillips works for you!

can it cause these problems too heather? new
      #357505 - 04/07/10 12:28 PM

Unregistered

) Some patients develop symptoms of irritability of the other organs. Thus, they can develop irritable oesophagus, irritable rectum and irritable heart syndrome (theoretically even irritability of small bowel has been described).

Irritable e oesophagus leads to chest pain, burning and other symptoms of upper abdominal dyspepsia. The irritable rectum can lead to severe urgency of stool or unproductive call to the toilet which becomes a nuisance. Irritable heart patients develop symptoms of palpitations, dyspnoea and cardiac neurosis and often land up with a cardiologist.

#357506 - 04/07/10 12:30 PM
Bel920

Reged: 03/22/10
Loc: Nevada

I have taken both Philips and Align, and neither one is the miracle I hoped it would be. Philips I took for about 4 months, and Align for a year. I'm now taking a Flora Smart probiotic, and I actually think it's doing more for me than either of the first two.

--------------------
Belinda
IBS-A since 1986 (age 8)
Recently realized I could do
something about it!

No - IBS doesn't lead to or cause any other problems. -nt- new
      #357508 - 04/07/10 12:40 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#357512 - 04/07/10 12:51 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Everyone is different...that is the beauty of it all.

Re: skh,is this it? SYL - yes aperson this is it... new
      #357537 - 04/07/10 07:57 PM
skh

Reged: 08/05/09

they recommend 2 before each meal = 6 a day...i only take about 4 a day cause i don't eat 3 meals...if u have any stomach pain when eating they may help u too..give them a try..i wish i could afford even more of their products..

#357552 - 04/08/10 06:25 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

No, that's the pain of it all! When someone posts something that helps, I get all motivated about it, but then get discouraged when someone writes in that it didn't do a thing for them. I wish everyone reacted the same to things....it would make this so much easier to figure out.

Anyhow, before I read this post I went out and bought some Phillips Colon Health, so I will try it starting today. Wish me luck!

Re: To Allisonmary new
      #357556 - 04/08/10 07:05 AM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

Just wondering why Dr Whorwell is so recognized, does he help a lot of people with IBS? It seems odd though that Julie is being told to eat berries and milks?? Also, why does he put milk protein in the Align, is there a reason for that. Couldn't that cause problems in some? Does he have a different approach to IBS other than the diet we talk about here?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1032 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 67544

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review