All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Helped me when i was not able to cook for myself... new
      #355238 - 02/04/10 10:52 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Capricorn, Barley grass juice is made from a high concentrated powder just like from the links that both of us provided from two different sites. It's a concentrated powder meant to be mixed with liquid. I haven't seen any liquid already mixed juice in my rural stores. Making our own from the concentrated powder is the only alternative that most of us seemingly have. It is highly nutritious if one can tolerate it. The only way to know is to give it a reasonable try. I happened to be one who tolerated it very well and better nourished for having used it during a major transition in my life.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#355265 - 02/04/10 05:12 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hey Windchimes, thanks! I need bunches of IF, but that's just me.

#355266 - 02/04/10 05:14 PM
Gerikat

Yep and that includes IF.

#355276 - 02/05/10 03:38 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

No, the link you provided was for barley grass powder which is made by grinding dried barley grass into a powder - lots of IF.

Barley grass juice powder is made by squeezing the juice from fresh barley grass and freeze drying - no IF or SF.

You are either very naive or like to appear that way. You never seem to get an issue straight and you go on and on with your misconceptions.

If you are stable, you should be trying to help others by not (trying to) confuse issues.

If you want more IF, there are a myriad of foods to get it from.

Cheers.

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

For Capricorn1942 new
      #355277 - 02/05/10 03:50 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

The link you provided from Amazon.com is also a powder. You also said that you were not going to post on this thread any more. What is the problem? We are here to share what has worked for us personally, not here to critisize one another. It is not a perfect world that we live in, though we can be supportive to one another and pass on posts that we know we personally can consume based on our own experience(s).

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

THIS SITE DOES NOT SAY TO AVOID IF new
      #355314 - 02/05/10 04:33 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

IT SAYS TO EAT IT MORE CAREFULLY.
IF page
Quote:

One glance will tell you these insoluble fiber foods are the best (and tastiest) around, but your colon simply can't handle it if you eat them with abandon. You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem.

Mixing SF with IF is in fact exactly what is recommended. However, everyone's tolerance for IF is different. In my experience those with C can tolerate more than those with D.
Notice I changed my signature a couple days ago to talk about the importance of IF.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

The thing with insoluble fiber new
      #355315 - 02/05/10 04:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

As I posted above, even Heather says IF is necessary and can be eaten in a safe way with practice and know-how. The problem with IF is that many people get completely scared away from it because other people can handle so little. So if someone D like Syl says he can't eat this or that because he is so sensitive to IF, someone with C who needs more IF will think they also can't eat any IF. And there tends to be an unfounded fear of IF like it is forbidden completely.

The Break the Cycle diet is only supposed to be temporary because it is unhealthy and not necessary.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Please keep your posts kind and polite to others. Thank you. -nt- new
      #355318 - 02/05/10 04:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Right on the money. And powdered insoluble fiber new
      #355319 - 02/05/10 04:58 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

is one of the safest forms (because it has been mechanically broken down to such a great degree).

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Please keep your posts kind and polite to others. Thank you. -nt- new
      #355324 - 02/05/10 05:15 PM
Gerikat

Heather, thank you!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 458 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17309

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review