All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Still looking for soy flake source online... Heather?
      #350993 - 10/20/09 06:27 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I have posted at the recipe board, and still no answers to online source(s) for organic soy flakes to make veggie burgers and other recipes. So far no response(s). I live in a rural area and none of our small grocery stores carry these, nor are they able to order them. This is a bit discouraging, yet I'm not yet letting such get me down nor discourage me. My best to all on the message boards!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I get them at Whole Foods... new
      #351027 - 10/21/09 04:11 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I would just google "tvp" or textured vegetable protein and see what pops up. Might also check Vegetarian Times magazine online as they likely have resources listed for online shopping for this.

Let me know if you're still stuck...

XXOO
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I get them at Whole Foods... new
      #351083 - 10/22/09 04:15 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Yes, I am still at a loss, Heather. The nearest Whole Foods store from my home requires a 2-hour drive each way... lots of time and gas (excuse the pun!) and very few bathroom facilities available in-between... :-(

At this point, I prefer to order online and have some things delivered on my doorstep. Less costly in the end and a lot easier on my old body.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

So I just Googled'd this new
      #351085 - 10/22/09 04:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

and if you check here a few entries down the page are "shopping results" for TVP and it looks like there are quite a few good options.

This is something you can stock up on if you like it as it is pretty non-perishable if you keep it in an airtight container and a cool dry place.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: So I just Googled'd this new
      #351089 - 10/22/09 06:27 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

You are talking about TVP? Look for the Bob's Red Mill brand with the higher end flours and similar products. I always thought it was frozen for some reason and couldn't find it but saw it one day with the fancy flours in a bag like all Bob's products.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Thank you! Awesome idea - that brand is in every grocery store I see. -nt- new
      #351111 - 10/23/09 11:29 AM
HeatherAdministrator

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1899 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1925

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review