All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pregnant and miserable with IBS, help!
      #350586 - 10/04/09 04:41 PM
willsmom1

Reged: 10/04/09

I am 8 weeks pregnant today and my IBS is killing me. This is my 2nd pregnancy and with my 1st I felt fabulous and have very little issues since that birth. Now with this one everything is killing my stomach and causing diahhrea, everything. For me it has been like that since I found out I was preg. at about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. I am sure it is because it is from the hormones. But I just feel like I am not getting any nutrition and I am soo hungry. Any advice for what help any of you and when I might expect some relief? Thank you soo much!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pregnant and miserable with IBS, help! new
      #350739 - 10/12/09 07:25 AM
ajtheartist

Reged: 08/02/07
Loc: Lincoln, UK

Hang in there girl, I really feel for you. I'm pregnant too and on days when I get attacks I can stomach a little complan (a meal replacement drink with carbs, protein, fat and vits/minerals, no fibre) - it may not be suitable for everyone but possibly worth a try..... it makes me feel so much better and I know there's nutrition there for my little one. Hope the attacks subside for you as your hormones settle.
AJ

#350749 - 10/12/09 01:22 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I haven't been on here in awhile, but used to be every day!
I don't know about the pregnancy part, but when I have severe attacks - can't eat anything and diarrhea 24/7 (I'm primarily "A" now, but there have been weeks of going and going all day... Anyway - bagels and applesauce were my lifesavers. Even some sourdough bread w/applesauce. It's crazy - you eat fresh apples to make you "go" and applesauce to help you stop. That, along with rice, should help bind up some of the diarrhea. And, if you feel like it, some plain pasta w/ whatever you can tolerate on it - i.e. a little butter/soy butter. But SF/carbs have been the answer for me.. Hope this helps. {{Hugs}} & Blessings!

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Sticky post on IBS and pregnancy new
      #350751 - 10/12/09 02:28 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

might have some helpful info for you - that's here http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=231535&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Best,
H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#351544 - 11/03/09 10:40 AM
nj2va1004

Reged: 10/14/09

hang in there. I'm preggo too and have been taken lomotil to controle my IBS-D attacks. I was going anywhere from 5-7 times a day prior to the pills. The lomotil helped kick thing back into gear. Now I go twice a day at most, but I just found out that I'm expecting baby number two and know that the obgyn will make me get off the pills. I cant even imagine how horrible it's going to be. I mean i can't eat anything at all if I don't take the pill because everything causes an attack ( my nerves are horrible ). I tired following the diet on this site, but still haven't found something that would help. If you find any help please let me know!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2446 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2659

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review