All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine - An interesting way of looking at IBS
      #34327 - 12/30/03 05:10 AM
Claire

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Paris, France

Hi
I am studying Ayurveda and am also interested in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). The approach to digestive conditions by these two ancient forms of medicine are really intersting and I would like to reccommend a site that I discovered which looks at the TCM approach to TCM. (see www.beyondwellbeing.com/ibs. As you will see, there are several different types based on different defficiencies or excesses in the body and I found it extremely helpful.I would definately say I had a cold dampness problem. You can also do a self-diagnosis through an analysis of the tongue which is a real eye opener. I would also reccommend taking a look at another ayurveda site (www.consciousliving.com)where there is a similar view based on the tridoshic theory and seven disease types (due to oiliness,dryness, heat, cold, lightness and heaviness and a tridoshic type).

In general I have found both systems incredibly helpful for me. Studying the energetics of foods and their relation to the body and inteaction with the seasons, has helped me to build a safe diet tailor-made for me. I would really suggest checking it out if you can get to a TCM or ayurvedic doctor. I can also reccommend tons of books and websites if anyone is interested.

I wish you all the best of (bowel) health !

Claire

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ayurveda and Traditional Chinese Medicine - An interesting way of looking at IBS new
      #34345 - 12/30/03 08:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You say that you are studying Ayurveda...are you taking courses at a school or doing research? Just curious, thanks!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Claire! Welcome back! new
      #34431 - 12/30/03 02:25 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Haven't seen you in a while.

I've found the Ayurvedic info easier to apply to my own health/body than the Chinese medicine. I can't ever seem to fit well into the Chinese categories, but do fit clearly into some of the Ayurvedic approaches. I'd actually be interested to see an Ayurvedic doc but there aren't any around. I have seen traditional Chinese herbalists/acupuncturists, with no success (though I definitely believe they can work - some family members have had health problems resolved).

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1364 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review