All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Salad -- X-Rated new
      #34304 - 12/29/03 07:06 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

Hi Bevrs; I seem to be able to eat salads alright. Although,since it is supposed to be a trigger I don't eat them as much as I used to. I love Wendy's salad but with all that is in it, Iam sure it would be a real trigger.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#34306 - 12/29/03 07:12 PM
shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon

I haven't read every reply here yet, but also something, is the type of salad. Iceberg can be a bigger trigger then some other forms of greens.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

Re: Same as Mags... new
      #34312 - 12/29/03 08:19 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Same here, but I didn't know it until I read "THE BOOK", (Frist Year). Only then did I try a little after a meal of lots of soluble fiber, and even then I chew, and chew and chew to make sure the digestive tract doesn't have to work to hard.
Kandee

--------------------

#34356 - 12/30/03 09:00 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm also afraid to eat salad because of all the problems it has caused me in the past! I haven't had one in who knows how long, and I miss it sooo much. But if so many of you can tolerate it after a soluble fiber meal maybe I'll try it soon...

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#34360 - 12/30/03 09:13 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm just a big scardy cat. I mainly eat my veggies cooked or juiced. Maybe I'll try something raw after a yummy soluble fiber meal sometime......glad to know so many of you can tolerate it! Thanks for this post everyone!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Kree, your pic has disappeared! -nt- new
      #34433 - 12/30/03 02:28 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: I noticed! new
      #34483 - 12/30/03 04:46 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I noticed that my pic is gone! I think it has something to do with villagephotos, the website I have it on. Hopefully they'll fix things soon! I don't like being invisible!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

You can just email me the pic and I'll post it. -nt- new
      #34498 - 12/30/03 06:20 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#34499 - 12/30/03 06:55 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

I don't have a problem with salad. Then again I don't normally eat it plain, I always eat it with meals. Maybe does it matter what you put in the salad? Cause mine always consist of romaine lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes. And I always use low fat/fat free dressings, or I use a little bit of oil and viniger.

--------------------
IBS-C

#34832 - 01/01/04 09:32 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

Lettuce salad, after soluble fiber (for example, after a couple of rolls--no butter--before a restaurant meal), is usually okay. I have to remember to ask for no cheese/bacon, though. Spinach salad, eegh. Summer before last I had two crippling attacks from spinach salad (this is right before I read Heather's cookbook). I don't think I've eaten raw spinach since....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 682 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3623

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review