All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
carrots are a no no i think for me
      #340616 - 01/09/09 10:54 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

i have been haveing carrots for a few weeks and i thought they were safe but i get not i use to have trapped gas and nooooooooooooo i cant stop passing wind and am still bloated and constipated bad as normal what is wrong with me
i want to be normal

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Are you cooking them? That will make all vegetables more tolerable. -nt- new
      #340617 - 01/09/09 11:09 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Are you cooking them? That will make all vegetables more tolerable. -nt- new
      #340621 - 01/09/09 11:18 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

hi heather thank you for help am cooking them so there so soft i have them with tuna and rice to night and tummy is in nots i ate them first to god i cant cope any more

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Re: Are you cooking them? That will make all vegetables more tolerable. -nt- new
      #340655 - 01/10/09 03:57 AM
Hunca

Reged: 02/09/08

Hmm, I can handle well-cooked carrots just fine, but everyone is different. I always make sure I've got my soluble fiber down there, first. Do you take digestive enzymes? These can really help, bigtime. Get a good all-around type that will help with protein to milk sugar to veggies/fruits. I take mine right before I start to eat, and if the meal is larger than the usual, I take another one after eating.

But, everyone is different; perhaps carrots are just not for you, right now. Doesn't mean they will always be that way. I used to not be able to eat cauliflower or broccoli, but I can now.

Carrots are pretty high in sugar... maybe that's bothering you? I just don't know. Wish I could help.

** cheryl **
IBS-C

I tend to eat them too fast and get gassy new
      #340698 - 01/11/09 12:47 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

and bloated but when I eat them slowly and not in such huge quantities like I like to do, then they are fine- and so healthy!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1083 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1397

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review