All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Rocamojo question
      #33165 - 12/22/03 12:11 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I've been waiting not-so-patiently for my Rocamojo to come in the mail. It finally came today, and now I'm afraid to try it! It says that it has 6 grams of fiber per cup. I'm wondering, is that soluble or insoluble? And if it's insoluble, has anyone ever been bothered by it? Help! I'm so paranoid that I'm going to make myself sick for Christmas!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rocamojo question new
      #33222 - 12/22/03 12:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'm wondering if this has 6g fiber per cup if you actually eat it, as opposed to brewing liquid with it. I haven't used Rocamojo, but don't you just brew hot water with it like coffee? If the stuff is strained out before you drink it, there wouldn't be any fiber in there at all (sort of like soy milk).

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#33233 - 12/22/03 01:13 PM
Kree

Yes, it says you do brew it like coffee. It doesn't specify on the package whether or it's one cup brewed or unbrewed, but now that you mention it it does say 1 cup (264g). If it were brewed it would probably say fluid ounces instead of grams, huh? Oh good, that sets my mind at ease. I was wondering how it could possibly have that much fiber! Thanks again, Heather!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#33354 - 12/23/03 07:23 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

Could you let me know how it tastes? I love coffee, and it's been one thing I've been having lots of trouble giving up! I'm thinking about ordering some Rocamojo...
Thanks!

#33362 - 12/23/03 07:35 AM
Kree

I certainly will let you know! I decided not to try it until after Christmas, because I'm being soooo careful these next couple of days. It's my time of the month, too, which is a double whammy when combined with the stress of the holidays! But I'll post as soon as I try it!

--------------------

#33460 - 12/23/03 10:14 AM
annmarie

Reged: 03/31/03

I'd be interested in knowing if it bothers you. I know others on the board have tried it and done fine, but both times I have tried it I had severe D afterwards. I'm going to give it another try on a day when I am really stable and see how I do. It tastes pretty good. Not as good as a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee, but it's better than nothing!

#33494 - 12/23/03 01:04 PM
Kree

Yikes, thanks for warning me that it gave you d. It sounds like it's a good thing I didn't try it before Christmas. We'll see how it goes...

--------------------

#34855 - 01/02/04 07:12 AM
kctrun

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Virginia

Kree,
Have you had a chance to try it yet. Really would like to know what it tastes like and if it seems to be safe. Also, where did you get it from. Sorry for all of the questions but coffee is the one thing I really miss the most!
thanks

Good stuff! new
      #34898 - 01/02/04 11:15 AM
Kree

Yes, I have tried the Rocamojo and I like it a lot! It doesn't taste exactly the same as coffee, but it's remarkably comparable! It was a little too strong for me when I used the amount they called for on the box, but then again I don't like strong coffee either, and now that I've started making it a little weaker it's fabulous. It doesn't seem to be quite as safe on my tummy as my peppermint tea tea is, but it hasn't caused any major cramping like coffee always did, so I'm very hopeful about it. I would definitely recommend giving it a try! I ordered it right off their website: www.rocamojo.com . Good luck!

--------------------

Re: My opinion on Rocamojo new
      #35246 - 01/05/04 09:24 AM
hde

Reged: 10/01/03

I just recently found a store by me that carries it and decided to try it. I have to say, I thought it was awful! I was so excited about it when everyone said they like it so much, but I had a hard time even dealing with the smell of it. I didn't really expect that it would taste exactly like coffee, but it really didn't taste good to me at all! If anyone lives in MD and wants the rest of my Rocamojo package, just let me know and I'd be glad to donate it to you. Just wanted to share my experience with everyone!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 307 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1632

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review