Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: IBS & GERD/Acid Reflux Sufferers new
      #849 - 02/13/03 05:46 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hi Agony,
I have both disorders and it can be diffcult to deal with. I take Nexium at least a half hour before I eat. Nexium allows me to tolerate more foods, but you also need to figure out what triggers your attacks.
I have figured out what causes my IBS symptoms, but I know I can not live without Nexium. What works for me is not eating past 5:00pm and avoiding tomatoes and cirtus. I realize peppermint is good for IBS, but not acid reflux. The key is trying to keep your stomach acid levels low.
A friend of mine recently started drinking barley green everday and no longer takes her medicine for acid reflux. However, I do not know how barley green effects IBS. Maybe Heather can give us some insight on this topic.
Between discovering Heather's website and medication - I have had five attacks since August. I don't take medication for IBS anymore.
Good luck

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Psyllium Vs. other fibres.. Thanks every one!! new
      #851 - 02/13/03 06:55 PM
dorsay

Reged: 02/13/03

Hi, everyone...it's great hearing how everyone is dealing with this disorder. I have been trying Fibercon the past few days and it felt like it was working at first, really quieted my stomach down until last night. I don't know if it was a combination of just starting on the pills, having my period and eating chili, but wow had quite the reaction!
Anyway, I'm curious if anyone has heard of the product Ibsacol? Especially the woman in Australia as it is made by a company in New Zealand and is only available to those of us in the U.S. from their website. It is supposed to be good for those with IBS-D. Also, btw, I think we should rename this disorder..."Sensitive Bowel Syndrome" since that is it's physiological description. "Irritable" sounds so negative...what do ya think?

#1434 - 02/25/03 06:52 PM
Moon

Reged: 02/02/03

I have the same problem when my ibs-d get bad, I am at a loss as to what will work. Peppermint gives me heartburn so what am I left with?

I eat a lot of rice and water. I try to stay away from anything acidity. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am sorry to have no suggestions for you. Maybe Heather might have something to offer.

#1435 - 02/25/03 07:06 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Try hot fennel, ginger, chamomile, or anise tea. They're all very soothing for IBS but won't trigger heartburn the way peppermint can.

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#1471 - 02/26/03 01:22 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

I have IBS-d and acid reflux disease (inflammed esophagaeous)i take prevacid. the insturctions say take once before a meal, but i never dare. i always take it after a meal otherwise my stomach goes wacky

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10004

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review