All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
help! TOO MANY MORNING LOOSE BOWEL MOVEMENTS
      #3114 - 03/18/03 09:54 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

after doing so well on the diet, I AM HAVING PROBLEMS!!LOOSE BOWEL MOVEMENTS in the morning because of new reactions to new fasvorites ie; oatmeal. Have had no problems 'til now. Is it possible for some foods(like oatmeal) to be too heavy for your system in warmer whether. Any advice or suggestions are welcome. :( :( :(

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help! TOO MANY MORNING LOOSE BOWEL MOVEMENTS new
      #3119 - 03/18/03 10:13 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I know what you are going through. I have certain foods that don't bother me for a long time and then all of a sudden...WHAM! I have attacks with those foods...such as oatmeal, bananas, tacos...etc. When that happens, I just have to "ease up" on those foods and let my system get back in order. What I do is "spread out" my days that I have those foods...rather that oatmeal every day for breakfast...I break it up where I have oatmeal maybe once a week or so. Same with the other foods that I may have trouble with. Also if I am near or during my menstral cycle foods that don't usually cause problems, will. It's frustrating, I know...but you'll learn soon what you can eat and when you can eat it. Keep Imodium chewables handy....it's been a lifesaver for me.

Take care!

#3132 - 03/18/03 11:42 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

For some reason, there are some folks who don't seem to do as well with oatmeal as other soluble fiber foods. You might just try switching to cream of rice cereal, rice chex, or corn chex, and seeing how you do. Even a bowl of cooked plain white rice, microwaved with a little soy milk and maple syrup, is good for breakfast.

Make sure there isn't something that you're eating or drinking last thing at night that could be causing problems first thing in the morning. And try adding in a soluble fiber supplement before bedtime, too - that will help keep mornings stable.

BTW, I got your picture - thank you! Do you want me to post that one or wait until you send the "after" version, then try to make a combination of the two side by side?

- Heather

Let us know how things go...

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3199 - 03/18/03 03:25 PM
louise

HI Heather; Thanks for the tips, sounds good.Would mettamucil& water be good for bedtime, and I can only get the sugar free kind. Is it right? I think that you might just as well post the before picture as it may be a while for the after as weight loiss is slow(but I have lost another 2 lbs.and 2 inches this week), and I WILL send you the after, later, when I have lost enough weight. the support on this board is great! : y:

#3200 - 03/18/03 03:28 PM
louise

hi nuggett. your ideas are great ,too. Actually, I was thinking along those lines, myself. The only thing to do, right?

#3201 - 03/18/03 03:31 PM
louise

firgot to mention that my doctor prescribrd lomotil for me, and they work great! One in the morning usually does the trick. Occasionally two in the morning, and that is it for the day.

#3224 - 03/18/03 05:37 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Don't the chewable immodiums make you want to throw up? It tastes gross and it reminds me of the bad stomach cramps. I can not take them at all. I do the ones you swallow and even those have that taste to them.

#3236 - 03/18/03 07:42 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

they don't seem to affect me that way.

#3389 - 03/19/03 06:30 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

And try adding in a soluble fiber supplement before bedtime, too - that will help keep mornings stable.

Thanks for this tip! I've been trying all kinds of tactics to get my mornings stable--work day mornings that is. I don't know why but every morning that I have to go to work, from about 7:30 - 9:00 (give or take) I am SO uneasy. I just don't get it, because on the weekends, I'm fine. I've been trying different combos of things though, and now I'm going to try this tonight. Hopefully this will help!

Thanks,
Mags

#3398 - 03/19/03 07:29 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Maybe you find weekends more relaxing because you really don't have to be anywhere. If you are like me
you don't make any appointments till the early afternoon or something and then you get to just hang out
and do whatever you wish.

Maybe you should try giving yourself more time in the mornings. Getting up a little earlier and just taking
your time...maybe it will trick your body into thinking it's Saturday LOL.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3312 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2071

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review