All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Eating For IBS translation
      #304939 - 04/14/07 10:50 AM
Trixter

Reged: 08/22/06

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Eating For IBS book. I have read it and have used the concepts to control my symptoms. It really is a amazing book.

The only problem I have is that it is in English. Even though I speak English, pretty much all the rest of my family speak only French (I live in Montréal, Québec). I would like to have a French translation so that my family could read the book too and help me trying out new recipes (I am still at University and I am working, so my cooking time is greatly diminished !).

I am therefore looking for a French translation of the book. I have tried to find it on various search engines and websites, but to no avail.

Does any of you know if a French translation is available and how to get a copy of such a translation ? If it is not available, do you know if it is being planned ?

I am new on this board and I have searched for a similar topic, but I didn't find anything. Sorry if this has already been answered before or if I am not posting this on the right forum.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Francis
IBS-D (pretty much stable)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Heather - Eating For IBS French version? -bump- new
      #305077 - 04/16/07 08:36 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I can't answer your question, but I thought I'd give you a bump and see if someone else can!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Heather - Eating For IBS French version? -bump- new
      #305095 - 04/16/07 11:39 AM
Trixter

Thank you for your consideration !

Re: Eating For IBS translation new
      #305111 - 04/16/07 01:57 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - it's not available in French, or any other languages, actually. I'm so sorry. The foreign publication rights for the book are available from the publisher, but from what I've been told it's very unusual for a cookbook to be translated.

Just putting the First Year IBS book into "proper" English for the UK publication took a year - and that wasn't even a true translation. The recipes were by far the most difficult part.

I'm so sorry! You might try running the critical sections or favorite recipes through Babel Fish.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Eating For IBS translation new
      #305190 - 04/17/07 07:55 AM
Trixter

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick answer Heather. I will probably translate it myself when school is over. In the meantime, I will start using Babel Fish.

Thank you again,

Francis
IBS-D (pretty much stable)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2528 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 984

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review