All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rice Chips
      #3047 - 03/17/03 03:35 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Canada

Low Fat rice chips, Are they really low Fat? Because I eat alot of them. I quit smoking last week, Doing well but eat way to much.If anyone knows a great snack that I can eat lots of and has no fat please let me know. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rice Chips new
      #3050 - 03/17/03 03:39 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'm not sure what rice chips are. Are they like rice cakes? Those are usually fat free and extremely low calorie, and are a good snack for IBS. Plain dry cereal is great for munching right out of the box - rice chex, corn chex, Crispix.

Unsalted pretzels are good (if you're eating a lot of these, and they're salted, you'll get puffy and a little dehydrated, and you don't want that).

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3053 - 03/17/03 03:52 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Canada

I think that they are the same as rice cakes but flavored with a light dusting of BBQ
62 Cal 8.3 Starch
1.0g Protein 100mg Soduim
1.7g Fat 25mg Patassium
10.6g Carbohydrate 0.2g Deitary Fiber
1.3g Sugers
Based on 8 Rice Chip

#3054 - 03/17/03 03:55 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

I think these are different, though they look good. Rice cakes are compressed cakes of puffed rice - Quaker is one popular brand. They're about the size of your palm, flat and round, about 1/2" thick. They come plain and flavored (caramel corn is fabulous).

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3057 - 03/17/03 03:59 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I think I've had these--I think they're actually miniature rice cakes--I had caramel flavor though. I think they're a thinner, smaller verion of rice cakes.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#3097 - 03/18/03 06:39 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I have had the rice chips aka Crispy Mini's, but my sister the queen of healthy eating turned me onto Spuds. They are potatoes which have the same fat content and everything as the rice chips. And they taste alot better. They actually seem like chips and have taste to them.

You may wanna give these a try. I have seen them on American television commercials so you should be able to get them there.

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#3127 - 03/18/03 11:32 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

In the UK we have Uncle Ben's Rispinos, that I've not tried, but I love the Quaker Snack-a-jacks that are mini rice cakes. We have salted, salt and vinegar, BBQ, cheese (that are still lowfat and don't irritate me) caramel and even chocolate. I find they're great to carry as a snack while I'm out
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1308

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review