All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
diet, kids, menu planning
      #3033 - 03/17/03 01:40 PM
kidswithIBS

Reged: 03/17/03
Loc: Ill, USA

OK i have one child with diagnosed IBS and one whose stomach hurts for the last 5 weeks. and 3 semi normal ones . I have tried the diet nad agree it works but dh and kids fuss about eating new stuff and there are too many leftovers...yadayadayada. any suggestions?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: diet, kids, menu planning new
      #3036 - 03/17/03 02:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - I'd post this question on the recipe board as well. You'll probably get a ton of kid-friendly (and IBS safe) meals in response.

Welcome to the board!

- Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3137 - 03/18/03 11:57 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

I have one child who's lactose intolerant and one with suspected ibs. I try to plan meals according to what they like to begin with, focus on the ibs safe foods then introduce one new thing at a time. If they like pasta, rice etc it's quite good just to vary the toppings, veg etc
sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#3171 - 03/18/03 02:10 PM
kidswithIBS

Reged: 03/17/03
Loc: Ill, USA

Do you have any sample menu plans or could you give me some examples? my dd is getting tried of chicken and with Gerd I have to watch the tomatoes and spices. I'm just not sure where to start. I'm a little overwhelmed. I am the type of person to jump right in and change everything and then get burnt out. I need to find a way to be consitant for my dd as this is her life and she needs to adjust and get used to being different.

#3176 - 03/18/03 02:22 PM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

My kids will eat pretty much anything so I'm quite lucky, but favourites are
- pizza, homemade or store bought base, no cheese, loads of mushrooms, pepper, just a thin spread of tomato or spread on silken tofu instead
- rice, plain, cooked in stock, stirfried with mushrooms and a few well-cooked soft onions
- pasta, make a sauce by cooking up their favourite veg and pureeing it with a little of the cooking water if needed
- baked potatoes, let them leave the skin if they want, with tuna, chicken strips baked with a few cajun spices
- lowfat soy products such as nuggets, sausages, burgers

I hope this helps a bit, it's the best I can think of for now (it is 10.20 at night here!). If you want anymore, let me know and I'll get thinking - post or email me direct
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 573 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 824

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review