All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Not enough to eat???
      #29697 - 12/02/03 11:07 AM
Laurel

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

My fiancee and I are in the middle of moving, and so it's difficult right now to cook the recipes in the book, however, I thought I was following the diet pretty well when we eat out & when I have snacks at home.

I have cut out coffee completley (my biggest trigger-I thought), take Fibercon about 2x daily (usually with meals), plus a bunch of other supplements. And, I have been regular with solid BM's in the mornings.

Yesterday, I had a plain bagel with seedless strawberry jam and mint tea for breakfast, rice cakes for lunch, and then an early dinner of water, white rice, tuna sushi (plain), and ginger. I started feeling sick almost as soon as I started eating!!

Am I just not eating enough? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
Laurel

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Odds are it's the moving, and the stress... new
      #29704 - 12/02/03 11:23 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Moving is one of the single most stressful life events you can endure (it's right after the deaths of loved ones or a divorce on the stress scale). So, you're gut is going to be really sensitive right now no matter what you eat or don't eat.

Increase your Fibercon - try taking 2 pills 4 times daily, or switch to one of the powders like Acacia so you can get an even higher dose. Drink your mint tea all day long if possible.

Your foods sound just fine, though you're right in that you're not eating very much. If you can take the time to snack throughout the day (or even take more Fibercon) this will help. And try to make sure you're getting extra sleep right now if at all possible, and sticking to some type of stress management (exercise, just plain walking, reading, whatever works for you). Remind yourself that the move is temporary - once you're done things will calm down (including your gut!), and you'll be stable again in no time.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 659 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 411

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review