All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A stressful day but no attack!!
      #2803 - 03/14/03 11:04 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Yesterday I had a really bad day, with mega potential for an attack. It was the funeral of my much loved aunt, who died of cancer last week, after only being ill for 10 months. We had to get up early, drop the kids off and travel about 150 miles to her home, on an island off the South Coast of the UK (Isle of Wight), spend about 4 hours there, then return. We ended up driving for nearly 9 hours in total over the day, with 2 ferry trips (and I do not travel well!) with hardly anything to eat and a buffet after the funeral. I was so worried I would have an attack travelling, or at the funeral. However I took my peppermint oil and soluble fibre, I snacked on rice cakes, I only ate one chicken sandwich and a small piece of cake at the buffet and drank water all day, and I WAS OK!!!
This was one of the first times I had to really rely on all I've learnt from Heather and I am so proud of myself for doing it. My aunt was a great inspiration for how she handled her illness, and I am so pleased I could pay tribute to her without having to be ill over it.
I'm sorry this is so long, but I really felt moved to post it. Thanks for everyone's support and advice on the boards, I appreciate it so much.
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A stressful day but no attack!! new
      #2808 - 03/14/03 12:00 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Oh Sarah, I'm so proud of you! My condolences for the loss of your aunt - I'm sure she'd be proud too of how well you did under such really trying circumstances.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#2819 - 03/14/03 01:15 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hi Sarah -

Deepest sympaties regarding your aunt. I am very happy to hear you were able to attend her tribute with out being sick. That is so wonderful. You have worked hard to change your diet and it so great to hear that this was your reward.

Thinking of you,
((((((Hugs))))))))

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: A stressful day but no attack!!-Well done! new
      #2836 - 03/14/03 05:17 PM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. I think if there was one way to pay tribute to her strength and memory that is one way to do! Really glad you posted that as well!

Sheri

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

#2888 - 03/15/03 04:46 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Sarah - that was great!!! You should be proud of yourself. We are proud of you.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 946

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review