All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight Loss Poll
      #2798 - 03/14/03 09:57 AM
rase818

Reged: 01/30/03

Just a little curious. I've noticed alot of members in this forum, including myself have lost some weight by following Heather's diet. I've also noticed the trend to be a weight loss of about 15 lbs. followed by a plateau.
Has this happened to you?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight Loss Poll new
      #2800 - 03/14/03 10:32 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I haven't strictly followed Heather's diet so I can't answer whether or not I've lost weight because of it. But, I did loose quite a bit of weight when I was initially diagnosed with IBS...but a lot of it had to do with depression. Now, I stay at or around 131 lbs. I mainly just am careful with what I eat.

#2805 - 03/14/03 11:42 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

I HAVE LOST A FEW POUNDS SINCE I STARTED THE DIET, I WISH it would come off faster, I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT WATCHING MY PORTIONS AND I AM TRYING TO DO THAT BUT THE FOOD IS SO GOOD SOMETIMES I FORGET, i am trying to drink more water as well. Maybe that will help. :

#2811 - 03/14/03 12:16 PM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

I lost 40 pounds when I first got the IBS, but I think Heather's diet has helped me keep it off and enjoy eating healthy things.

#2822 - 03/14/03 01:27 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

well i've been 115 for the last 3 years or so. and i stayed that after i started the diet in november. but in the last month i gained 5 lbs or so. no idea why, though. i think i'm just not exercising enough.

although, before starting the diet, i was hardly eating any meat anyway and the only thing i really changed was the no dairy.

beth

#3048 - 03/17/03 03:38 PM
rase818

Reged: 01/30/03

Thank you for the replies! Interesting how everyone's body reacts differently. After the initial weight loss it seems as though I'm getting thicker through the middle now.

I do thank my lucky stars for Heather's research though.
After 15 years I finally feel normal again. So Heather if you're reading, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

#3052 - 03/17/03 03:42 PM
Mike

Reged: 03/05/03
Loc: Canada

18 Lbs.For me But am putting it back on quick!,Food taste's great now, Can't stop eating.

You're welcome! - nt- new
      #3055 - 03/17/03 03:55 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#3071 - 03/17/03 07:38 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Rase - My story's a little different. When I started to follow IBS guidelines, I was already on Wt. Watchers. I started adapting Heather's guidelines to the WW guidelines and my weight's been the same since last Oct. I keep playing around with the same 3 lbs. One week I'm down 3 lbs, the next week I'm up 3 lbs. I feel like a yo-yo. It's been difficult to lose since adding more soluble fiber to my diet, but then again, I don't do a lot of exercise either. I'm so busy in our home office and with other things, the only exercise I seem to get is when I go outside to do some gardening.

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#3083 - 03/17/03 11:36 PM
Sweetwater

Reged: 03/01/03
Loc: NJ, USA

Quote:

It's been difficult to lose since adding more soluble fiber to my diet

Sharon

So since I'm adding more soluble fiber to MY diet, will it be hard for me to lose weight?

I just started this diet--this is my 3rd week. I'm doing really well! I feel great! And exercising more. It's getting warmer and this week, will be really nice--I'm going to walk tomorrow with a friend, and I lift free-weights in my bedroom (trying to tone my arms a bit). I have to lose weight for next March, 2004, b/c I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my brothers wedding!!! I wanna lose 50 pounds!!! But 20 would be nice!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1976 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1639

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review