All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How about Egg Noodles?
      #2778 - 03/14/03 01:33 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

I'm crossing my fingers that you guys can tell me that I am free to eat egg noodles.

I went to the amishmart.com site to look at the hull-less popcorn and they have flavoured noodles! YUM!

So what's the verdict guys?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Well...... new
      #2810 - 03/14/03 12:03 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

This is a gray area. There are yolks in those noodles, so they do have fat. And for some people, it's enough to cause problems. For others egg noodles are just fine, though (I never have problems with them, though I don't care for the taste that much so I also don't usually eat them). If you're well stabilized, give them a try and see what happens. I'd keep the topping very low fat to be extra careful. And if you're not stable, then avoid them in favor of fat free pastas.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Well...... new
      #2824 - 03/14/03 01:32 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

you can buy yolk-free egg noodles! i just bought some the other day. i was thrilled to find them... hold on while i check the brand name for you...

Manischewitz (gosh i think i messed up the spelling between here and the kitchen). anyway it's pretty close to that.

you can get different widths, too, which is cool.

beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 772 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review